INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Autometadata Lookup Enhancement - TMDB Network Field  (Read 396 times)

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Autometadata Lookup Enhancement - TMDB Network Field
« on: June 11, 2020, 10:57:15 pm »

I manually add a [Network] field to my Library and fill it to match the associated field from TVDB. In my case, I have it set up as a relational field keyed on [Series], though if it was auto-filled it wouldn't be a big deal if it was just a straight Non-Relational String field.

In any case, since the data is there, it'd be nice to grab it. It is handy.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
Re: Autometadata Lookup Enhancement - TVDB Network Field
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2020, 12:12:03 am »

You meant TMDB, right?

It couldn't be relational, because several programs I watch move between Networks, when one drops them and another picks them up. Or do you mean the "Original Network" field on the TVDB?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2020, 03:55:20 pm »

You meant TMDB, right?

It couldn't be relational, because several programs I watch move between Networks, when one drops them and another picks them up. Or do you mean the "Original Network" field on the TVDB?

No, I definitely mean TVDB. I use it for TV Shows, not Movies.

I did mean Original Network. They changed their tables at some point and renamed the original Network field to Original Network, and added the detail about multi-network shows to the Network field. That would be too challenging to pull in automatically, but Original Network should work just fine.

Personally, I don't care about distinguishing between series that move between networks and preserving the various networks the show has been on historically (which is why I just use a Relational field). I just like to be able to filter my series to only show HBO, or Hulu, or Amazon shows. And, perhaps more importantly, I have a bunch of clever Links set up which, when you have a show selected where [Network] is HBO, it'll take you to that show on HBO's streaming site, and when it is on Amazon, it'll take you to that page on Amazon, and so on and so forth.

I've been fine filling it in manually, since it only needs to be set once per series. But since the detail is in TVDB, and MC pulls lots of other stuff from TVDB, it would be much more convenient if MC did this step for me.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2020, 04:51:51 pm »

Ok, it seems that either the situation has been resolved, or you don't know that MC no longer gets any data from the TVDB. The API licence was cancelled, and while negotiations may be going on, I haven't heard.

MC pulls all TV Show data from TMDB currently.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

glynor

• MC Beta Team
Re: Autometadata Lookup Enhancement - TMDB Network Field
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2020, 04:57:58 pm »

Ok, it seems that either the situation has been resolved, or you don't know that MC no longer gets any data from the TVDB. The API licence was cancelled, and while negotiations may be going on, I haven't heard.

MC pulls all TV Show data from TMDB currently.

Nope. Didn't know that. Doesn't much matter. TMDB has the same data. Theirs does appear to be called Network, so I'd still like it.

So... Yeah, that thing I said before, but about TMDB instead.

Pages: [1]   Go Up