INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request: Populate Playing Now After Last File In List Gets Played  (Read 600 times)

Jamil

• Galactic Citizen

A handy feature for me would be to automatically add a defined playlist to Playing Now after the last file in the list completes playing.  In my case, I use a Smartlist to populate playing now.  I would like a single playlist to be re-evaluated to re-populate Playing Now at the completion of the last song.  This should be gap-less when configured, so due diligence is required to ensure gap-less playback is honored if so configured.

How this helps me:  Playing Now gets populated with a small number of items each time I add my Smartlist to it.  This can be good, because my Smartlist only selects items that were not played in the past x days.  If the Smartlist gets re-evaluated every day, that means new items qualify for re-population.  I would have an MC26 Jukebox that plays my favorite music nonstop.

We just need a way to define a playlist to use for this feature.  Also, adding a new variable for status bar to display the playlist for automatic refresh would be handy too.

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

Jamil - In Standard View if you right click on a playlist/smartlist name in the Tree there is an Option which allows you to "Add the playlist/smartlist to playing now"
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html

Jamil

• Galactic Citizen

....and when my Playing Now list is completely empty, it will automatically get refreshed?  That is my requirement.

If yes, how do I choose which Smartlist to use to auto re-populate it?

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team

Unfortunately there is currently no way of "Auto-feeding" a playlist/smartlist to Playing Now once it has exhausted it's current contents.

Just out of curiosity - what would your personal reaction be if MC26 did have that ability and loaded your selected playlist into playing now but you wanted to play/listen to something else.
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html

Jamil

• Galactic Citizen

I simply turn off my requested feature, Clear Playing Now and/or change the playlist that auto re-populates.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team

Following on from this thread: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,125839.msg872233.html#msg872233

This function exists, if you are using a Playlist.

Just add a rule to the "Play Doctor" options that says;

Playlists     is any      {list of Playlists to include in Play Doctor selections}

However, if you are using Playlists, or a single Playlist, naturally you will get duplicates once the full Playlist(s) has been played.

The function also works if you are using a Smartlist, however, the Smartlist isn't re-evaluated each time MC adds to Playing Now. So the same Tracks from the first time the Smartlist was added to Playing Now are added again.

So this feature request should really be to re-evaluate a Smartlist when it is used with Play Doctor to replenish Playing Now, so that new tracks are added as required. That is not a bad idea, and actually I would have expected that to happen already.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

marko

• MC Beta Team

The thing with Play Doctor is that, on initial load, it places 100 tracks into playing now and starts playing... If your Play Doctor rules are limiting its scope to less than 100 tracks, it will double up untill there are 100 tracks in the list, and, as its scope is so limited, it will not be able to work as well as it could do.

Every time it advances to the next track, it adds another track to the end of the list, ad-infinitum, until some intervention stops playback, or other tracks are added to playing now manually.

If you skip a track when it is less than half way through, Play Doctor assumes you're not in the mood for that kind of music, and adjusts the cued up tracks accordingly, removing similar kinds of tracks. If more tracks are added, the magic stops and no further tracks are auto added to playing now, and, if more tracks are added via play doctor, the whole learning process starts over from the 100 tracks beginning again.

-marko
Pages: [1]   Go Up