INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Smartlist playback  (Read 497 times)

BigSpider

• Galactic Citizen
Smartlist playback
« on: June 16, 2020, 06:46:16 pm »

When selecting a smartlist to play, the player view never shows the intial file played but ends up showing a position halfway down the playlist. Surely this is wrong?
English spiders are kind of small, but when I was living in the African rain forest well ......

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Smartlist playback
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2020, 06:49:37 pm »

Is shuffle on?

Jamil

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2020, 07:15:46 pm »

When selecting a smartlist to play, the player view never shows the intial file played but ends up showing a position halfway down the playlist. Surely this is wrong?

If you are adding your Smartlist to Playing Now, it should always play in Seq order.  What field in Playing Now are you sorting on?  Make sure Seq is sorted in ascending order.

BigSpider

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2020, 08:26:14 pm »

OK guys, I have a lot of smartlist playlists whenever I choose one the standard display always shows a position halfway down the playlist not the actually playing file. Not a big problem as I can select the playing file in the player's playlist, but  I am interested to know why the playing file isn't selected in the playing now display unless I select it.
English spiders are kind of small, but when I was living in the African rain forest well ......

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2020, 11:20:08 pm »

Are you using the "Add to Playing Now" button on the toolbar to add files to Playing Now?

The button is broken. Use a right-click option, or the Play button above the Playlist.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

BigSpider

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2020, 03:38:39 pm »

The smartlists are attached to car radio buttons. When playing now is cleared and a radio button is clicked the player shows the first track playing and it is shown at the top of the page. As tracks play the selected file moves down correctly and gets to the last track - all well and good, but click the radio button now and player is cleared and the new files are put up but the window is left where it was with the bottom tracks on view. I kinda hoped that MC would be clever enough to move the window to the top file again so that I wouldn't have to strain my finger muscles by clicking to get to the top of the window again. Like I said, a little thing of no real consequence!

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2020, 06:46:56 pm »

Ah, I see. It doesn't scroll back up to the top.

Well, it didn't when I manually scrolled down to play the last track, then clicked a new Car Radio button to change Smartlist. Does it happen if you don't manually scroll in Playing Now at any time? There was a change a while back aimed at leaving the Playing Now list where it was if it had been manually scrolled.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

BigSpider

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2020, 07:19:53 pm »

No manual scrolling used, just the automatic scroll following the playing now file. But not a big issue.
Pages: [1]   Go Up