INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ripping without track divisions  (Read 1360 times)

beatnik

• nothing more to say...
Ripping without track divisions
« on: January 19, 2003, 12:53:29 am »

When ripping CDs, MJ8 automatically detects track divisions and they are copied as individual files, which is good most of the time. But on certain CDs, particularly classical, I would like to copy them as one file. EG: as Symphony No. 1, not divided into Allegro, Adagio, Scherzo, Finale.

I've searched settings, help and this forum, and unless I'm a total idiot (not unlikely) I can't find  instructions to do this.

Can anyone help?

MachineHead

Re: Ripping without track divisions
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2003, 01:40:21 am »

I don't think MJ does this. EAC can copy cds as one long wav if you want to do that.

grahamk

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2003, 06:49:16 am »

It would be a very nice feature that nobody else has (to my knowledge) if MJ were to let you "link" tracks together when ripping CDs so that they are one large track with multiple names. There are so many examples of albums/tracks that would benefit from this treatment.

Actually one of the main reasons I settled on this player was because of the crossfade capabilities that fixes (somewhat) the problem of individual tracks that are actually part of a medley of songs. If those songs in the medley could be ripped as one long song it would be very cool. If you could link two tracks together so that one is never played without playing the next one that would be very cool too.

Graham

beatnik

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2003, 08:25:43 am »

If any MJ/MC developers are reading this, I vote with Graham - what a terrific enhancement this would be.

In addition to classical, how about Miles Davis' "Kind of Blue" and a bunch more of his. And what used to be called "concept albums" like Artie Kaplan's "Confessions of a Male Chauvinist Pig." And the original studio recording from the 1940s of Gershwin's entire opera, "Porgy and Bess" (not just the well-known songs) which now sits on my computer in 50 - count 'em, 50 - one- to three-minute tracks.

These sorts of CDs beg to be one long file. I'd even pay extra for this enhancement.

beatnik

rocketsauce

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2003, 11:52:40 am »

It would be a very nice feature that nobody else has (to my knowledge)...

Here are few:

EAC
http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/

CDex
http://cdexos.sourceforge.net/

Feurio!
http://www.feurio.com/English/index.shtml

If you live in Europe and your Plextor CD-RW came with Plextools,  it has that option.  AFAIK, the U.S. version of the software, Plextor Manager 2000, does not.

It's possible that Musicmatch can do it also, but I don't know for sure since I haven't been able to get the most recent versions to run in my system.

Rob
Pages: [1]   Go Up