INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where is virtual clone drive located in Windows?  (Read 465 times)

ghibliss

Where is virtual clone drive located in Windows?
« on: June 23, 2020, 01:33:32 pm »

I followed the guide to allow JR Media center to play ISI files.  I was successful in getting the feature to work however i would like to know where the virtual clone drive is located in Windows or in the JRiver application if that is where it is saved to.  I believe that I instructed the conversion process to analyze my entire collection which is extensive.  After rubbing for two hours I decided to terminate the process mid stream as it had completed about 10K files of about 100K files.  this would have taken another 18 hours or so to complete. 

When I checked to see if the changes to Media Center allowed me to playback ISO files I was happy to see that virtually all of my ISO files were now able to be played.  I would like to know where the Virtual Clone Drive is located where the conversions are saved as the software never asked for me to select a location.

So far Media Center has far exceeded my expectation as a player application.  It supports every format of audio file that I own so that I only need to use one player for everything which now includes FLAC, SHN, DSD, and ISO.  I am playing all of my files out through my external DAC which can process DSD files as DOP.  This was the only part of the setup that took me a few minutes to figure out the correct setting in Media Center so that the application was not doing the processing and let the DAC do it's job.

zybex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Where is virtual clone drive located in Windows?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2020, 04:03:53 am »

MC is not converting or ripping the ISOs. When it plays it reads directly from them, there's no virtual drive location.

What it does (optionally) when you import is the Audio Analysis, which is basically a scan of each track to generate a simplified waveform to display on the UI and get other statistics and information from the audio tracks. This information is stored in the MC library database, somewhere in "%appdata%\J River\Media Center 26".
You can import your collection much faster and do this analysis later if you want it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up