INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to make random albums view for Theaterview/JRemote?  (Read 413 times)

lepa

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
How to make random albums view for Theaterview/JRemote?
« on: June 25, 2020, 06:54:14 am »

Some time ago I found out that my random albums views didn't work anymore in Theaterview/JRemote. Any clue how to make such view for other than standard view?

This still works for standard view but in Theaterview or JRemote it doesn't populate any tracks for albums. (One unrelated interesting point is that tree seems show different random albums than actual view (pic1)  ;D )
Code: [Select]
-[Media Sub Type]=[Podcast],[Radio] -[Album]=[] ~limit=10,-1,[Album],[Album Artist (auto)] ~a
TheaterView/JRemote shows album groups but when I select open album it is empty

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
Re: How to make random albums view for Theaterview/JRemote?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2020, 09:40:30 pm »

I can reproduce that issue.

As an aside, you should have a Shuffle command (~sort=Random) in that View definition before the Limit function, as per the Smartlist definition called "10 Random Albums".

I also broke the View, preventing it from even displaying Album covers like your third image, just by changing the  "Set files for display" from;

-[Media Sub Type]=[Podcast],[Radio] -[Album]=[] ~sort=Random ~limit=10,-1,[Album],[Album Artist (auto)] ~a

to

[Media Type=[Audio] -[Media Sub Type]=[Podcast],[Radio] -[Album]=[] ~sort=Random ~limit=10,-1,[Album],[Album Artist (auto)] ~a

That shouldn't happen, as the extra [Media Type=[Audio] is just repeating a condition applied at a higher level in the definition. But strangely;

-[Media Sub Type]=[Podcast],[Radio] -[Album]=[] [Media Type]=[Audio] ~sort=Random ~limit=10,-1,[Album],[Album Artist (auto)] ~a

doesn't cause that issue. Strange.

Anyway, I have a vague recollection of a similar discussion quite some time back. Something about the scope of the View being changed when moving from the Album level to the Track level, so Album "A" gets selected, but then when you drill down to the Track level, the View is refreshed to select Album "B", and MC tries to display Tracks that belong to Album "A" and exist in Album "B". Something like that. I think Hendrik explained what was happening at the time.

I can't recall if that was a bug or just a difference in the way Standard View works compared to Theatre View.

So I can't get the View to work in Theatre View either... Well, actually I can, if I have a Library with only one Album in it, or if by pure chance the Album selected when I drill down to the Track level matches the Album already selected at the Album level. I was able to repeat the latter in my small test Library easily.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2020, 04:36:07 am »

I can reproduce that issue.
Thanks RoderickGI for confirming. These are old views which used to work at some point with MC so something has been changed in MC at some point. Don't know how long this kind of views has been broken though...

Edit:
As an aside, you should have a Shuffle command (~sort=Random) in that View definition before the Limit function, as per the Smartlist definition called "10 Random Albums".
For some reason there is no need to shuffle and still get random albums. If it is feature of the limit, I don't know. Pressing F5 in standard view changes album also without shuffle..

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2020, 07:33:20 am »

So does anyone have working random albums view to share?  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up