INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WDM Audio Path shuts down when nothing is streaming - App Beeps Missed  (Read 369 times)

ric982

This is for a problem I'm having that I've already brought up but with some additional information.

Windows 10 1903 version
I have JRiver "WDM Enabled" checked.
I have my audio device set to "Yamaha Steinberg USB (ASIO).

JRiver shuts down the audio path when nothing is streaming and "applicatons sounds" are missed because the audio path takes too long to open. I have suggested a fix would be to leave the audio path open when nothing is streaming.

Example:
If I play the windows Speaker Setup for JRiver Media Center (under Control Panel>Sound>JRiver Media Center 25>Configure) for a 5.1 setup, it misses playing the first two speakers before it gets the path open. If I have Spotify streaming and I run speaker setup, I can hear both Spotify and the speaker test. (BTW MC26 is installed even though it says MC25 above).

JimH suggested that disabling 'exclusive mode' would probably fix the problem.

I don't think exclusive mode on the input is the issue because they can share the input OK now (i.e. neither is trying to exclusively hold the WASAPI).

I did the following to try to disable "exclusive mode' to see if it made any difference, but I'm not sure whether this is what was meant or not. What I did has not changed the behavior described above.

Actions performed:
JRiver has Enable WDM checked and I have the Audio Device set to Yamaha Steinberg ASIO (works as described above).
- I selected the JRiver WDM as my audio device and unchecked exclusive mode. (Nothing plays at this point because the WDM Driver Input is pointed to the WDM Driver creating a loop).
- Switched the audio device back to Yamaha Steinberg ASIO, it plays again. Still works as above.

Any other suggestions on how to make this work?

ric982

OK - no responses.

FWIW, I have solved my problem as follows:

- UR824 at 192kHz/24bit with 8 inputs (currently only configured to a 5.1 monitor with bass management). 
- VB Audio's Hi-Fi Cable (Audio Bridge) is default audio device in Windows Sound settings providing a 192kHz/24bit/5.1 WDM to ASIO.
- JRiver used as a Media Library/Metadata manager and DNLA server to a Roku Media Player with JRiver's output sent to the Hi-Fi Cable WDM.

JRiver Setup:
   Settings Button>Playback>Options
          Audio Device> Hi-Fi Cable Input
             ... Device Settings> 24 bit Integer
   Settings Button> DSP Studio
          Output Format Checked:
             Sample Rate: Convert all to 192,000 Hz
             Channels: 5.1 channels
             Mixing: No upmixing or downmixing   (Stereo source plays as Stereo on 2 channels)
             Subwoofer: Silent (use Room correction to redirect bass to subwoofer)
   Tools Options>:General>Features: WDM Driver (not checked)
                 Media Network: Use Media Network to share this library and enable DLNA
Roku
   Roku Media Player         

Pages: [1]   Go Up