INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: binaural setup to play multichannel on headphones  (Read 534 times)

mimizone

• Junior Woodchuck
binaural setup to play multichannel on headphones
« on: July 09, 2020, 05:06:24 pm »

hello all,
I already asked sort of a similar question in the Mac version forum. see https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,126027.msg873336.html#msg873336

Maybe the Windows users have a solution or recommendation on how to setup MC+additional VST plugins in order to play and downmix multi channel FLAC and DSD files to headphones using binaural algorithms such as the one from Waves.
I've been having issues on MacOS so far.

There isn't much doc/litterature on how to make that kind of thing work. And some of the few possible solutions are commercial with no demo versions AFAIK.

Thanks.

mimizone

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: binaural setup to play multichannel on headphones
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2020, 07:32:53 pm »

I haven't found much more information the past week on this topic, at least nothing comprehensive, only scattered bits not giving me the solution I am after.

I'll continue searching and report in this thread and the MacOS one as well if I get something working over time.

theriverlethe

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2020, 10:57:48 pm »

Doesn’t WavesNX accept surround input and do its own down-mixing?

mimizone

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2020, 12:39:28 am »

That’s one of the VST plugins I tested. But somehow MC first converts to stereo somewhere in the pipeline before reaching the plugin. Not sure what I am doing wrong.
Pages: [1]   Go Up