INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TRansferring Playlists  (Read 1070 times)

johnzei

TRansferring Playlists
« on: July 13, 2020, 12:41:26 pm »

Installed MC26 on new PC.  How can I transfer playlists from other PC to new PC?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: TRansferring Playlists
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2020, 05:31:32 pm »

If you haven't done setup on the new PC yet, take a Library Backup from the old PC and Restore it on the new PC. You will then get everything from the old Library, including settings if you tick that box.

If you have done setup you don't want to lose on the new PC, export the playlists in MPL format on the old PC and import them on the new PC.

Of course, the Playlists will only work if the new PC has access to the same media files, in the same location (directory structure) as the old PC. Otherwise, MC won't show the missing tracks in the Playlists on the new PC. If the path to the media files is going to be different, edit the Playlist MPL files before importing them into the MC Library on the new PC.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Zhillsguy

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2020, 11:55:14 am »

What I do is export all of my playlists in mpl format, placed in a playlist folder within the media file folders, and choose "relative path" when saving. Then include "playlists" in the auto import options on the newer machine, all playlists will then show up under "imported playlists". If you keep these files updated you never have to worry about playlists when (re)installing MC on any machine.

Playlists must be exported one at a time when using mpl format. I have requested to improve this feature (several times going back to mc24) by exporting all playlists at one time.
Ryzen 5 W11 x64 MC 29 HTPC/Server and HP G2 Mini Elitedesk W11 MC 29 (music only zone), various Android Phones and Tablets for control of both, powering two lanai surround systems, 5.1 and 4.1 respectively.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2020, 12:30:01 pm »

I'll add MPL to the export all playlist tool for the future.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2020, 08:47:41 pm »

I'll add MPL to the export all playlist tool for the future.

Could the export all playlists MCC command also be made to work non-interactively (by specifying the output file format in the parameters)? This would make it possible to sync playlists to clients and hardware devices outside of MC.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2020, 10:55:49 am »

Could the export all playlists MCC command also be made to work non-interactively (by specifying the output file format in the parameters)? This would make it possible to sync playlists to clients and hardware devices outside of MC.

Sure.

It already had a silent flag.

I'll expand the flag a little like this:
MCC_EXPORT_ALL_PLAYLISTS,                      // [1: silent M3U, 2: silent MPL]

Thanks for the suggestion.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up