INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is it possible to amend default library fields  (Read 556 times)

dcm

• Recent member
Is it possible to amend default library fields
« on: July 14, 2020, 09:59:56 am »

Hello

I am using JRiver 26. I was wondering whether it was possible to alter parameters in the default library fields.

My specific question concerns the two fields “period” and “style”.  I sometimes want to make two separate entries in these fields, and have the file separately categorized under either of the entries. I had hoped that separation by semicolon would do the trick but find that this is not the case.  This contrasts with how entries separated by semicolon are treated in the “genre” field. The difference seems to be that the “data type” for “genre” indicates “list”, while for “period” and “style” the “data type” indicates “string”.  However, I do not seem to be able to make any modification to these characteristics for default fields.

I guess that I have the option of creating new user-defined fields, with different names, to use instead of the default fields “period” and “style” and doing a mass copy of the information in the current “period” and “style” fields. Given the size of my data library, this would take some time (as well as being less than elegant).  I was hoping that there might be some more direct approach to solving my issue.

Thank you

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Is it possible to amend default library fields
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2020, 01:35:26 am »

One of the biggest problems with ID3 Tags is the Standard is not rigidly enforced, leaving individual "Metadata Providers" to adapt their own rules/principles. For example according to ID3 the field MC knows as "Date" is supposed to be the Date of Release of the CD being ripped/played; but many metadata provider sites, including MC, use it as the Date of the Original Recording.

Styles appears to be a non-standard field that was introduced to overcome some of the problems caused by ID3.1 which only allowed 1 Genre; however since ID3.2 allows for more than 1 genre the simplest solution is to set up a rule/expression that copies the Styles Field/Tag to the Genre Field/Tag.
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2020, 02:16:56 am »

I was wondering whether it was possible to alter parameters in the default library fields.

No.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

dcm

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2020, 08:00:03 am »

Thank you for the replies.

I set up two new user-defined fields and copied the data over from "style" and "period".

This solved my problem
Pages: [1]   Go Up