INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: User definable metadata?  (Read 716 times)

tdrozdowski

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
User definable metadata?
« on: April 20, 2003, 09:25:20 pm »

Perhaps for the next release of MC (9.x or 10) you guys could add user definable metadata for tracks.  I view MC as more of a mp3 database than anything else - and therefore, based on the type of music I listen to (mostly electronic), I'd like to track different types of data about tracks.  For example - it may be nice to track in a separate field who remixed the track, or for an album/artist, what record label they were part of.  I'm sure that for now, this can be placed in the comment/notes sections, but allowing us to define metadata would allow us to catagorize and search on those fields.  Perhaps something as simple as an XML format that we could change to define new attributes, etc.  Not being in the code for MC, I'm not sure how realistic this is, but I thought it would be a 'cool' thing for you guys to consider down the road.

Of course, if there's already a way to do this, I'm going to feel awfully foolish.
;)

farmore

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Re: User definable metadata?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2003, 10:01:43 pm »

Have a look under Tools>Options>Tree & View Settings. Here you can add as many fields as you like. ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up