INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover Art Help  (Read 858 times)

phil467

• Recent member
Cover Art Help
« on: April 18, 2003, 01:47:29 pm »

I'm sure I'm missing something.  Using Media Center 9, I update cover art on wma files using either the Internet or jpgs on file.  Then I update the tags (manually) from the library.  Media Center indicates that the newly updated files have been saved.  When I later copy those updated wma files to a second computer, clear that computer's media center library, and import the newly updated files, no cover art exists.

Am I missing an option setting, or do these updated files not copy over with cover art attached?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Shadowen

• World Citizen
  • He was but a shadow of his former self...
Re: Cover Art Help
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2003, 02:25:21 pm »

By default the cover art is stored seperately from the music files in C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\Data\Cover Art.

Try copying the cover images to your new location.

Also I think there is an option you can turn on to store the cover images inside the music files.

phil467

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2003, 05:57:39 pm »

Tried this, but Media Center 9+ doesn't seem to work that way.  I can't find a place to tell the program to save image files to id3 tags; and, though I save image files to a specific folder on one computer, that instruction doesn't move to the next computer once the files are copied over to the new computer.

A bug in the new software?

Marra

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2003, 04:35:28 am »

Try using option in image properties tools "quick find in file / Cover art directory". This creates the link between the files I think you are looking for.

Shadowen

• World Citizen
  • He was but a shadow of his former self...
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2003, 05:55:17 am »

You can store the images inside the file if it is an MP3 file.  To enable this you have to select the file (or files) and then toggle the panel on the right (that displays file info by default) to the image panel.  Down at the very bottom will be an option to store the image inside the file.  Make sure it is checked.
Pages: [1]   Go Up