INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: EXIF information for photos  (Read 881 times)

eruji

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
EXIF information for photos
« on: April 18, 2003, 10:31:43 am »

Ive been using media jukebox and media center for awhile now, just for mp3s though. lastnight i decided to add my photos and i like the idea of being able to create albums of photos. however something struck me as odd, that i couldnt look at the EXIF information for the photos.  All the other photo database software packages offer EXIF info or sorting or grouping by it.

i did a search on this forumn and not one hit.

it would be extrememly usefull to know when the photo was taken and be able to group photos by the same day , month or year in the smartlists. or by other properties like camera, aperature and such.

anyhow, thanks for making such a versatile, amazing music player!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: EXIF information for photos
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2003, 10:35:24 am »

Check out the "Format" page in the file properties window.  It has a dump of the EXIF information.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

eruji

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2003, 10:50:14 am »

ahh, didnt even know that you could change the properties type by hitting the arrows.

thanks for the info.

now i need to figure out how to make smart list that group photos by month and year

sraymond

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2003, 05:16:10 pm »

eruji,

I agree that it would be great to group photos by month and year, but it would seem (for now) that this isn't going to be possible.  I had requested that we be given the ability to fill MC tags with the EXIF information, but I got the answer that it wasn't going to happen with this release

Maybe if enough people ask, it'll get implemented quicker.  For now, I'm not using MC for managing photos.

Scott-
Pages: [1]   Go Up