INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need help with JRiver 27, Windows 10 Output settings to DAC  (Read 856 times)

jsjanx

• Recent member
Need help with JRiver 27, Windows 10 Output settings to DAC
« on: September 22, 2020, 02:16:29 pm »

Hi,
I just updated to a new computer, Windows-10 based and upgraded to JRiver 27 from JRiver 18.   My DAC (AudioResearch DAC8) has capability to play up to 192 Hz and the input light changes as the sampling rate changes when artists/tracks change.  I loaded a new driver from AudioResearch for Windows 10, booted my new computer, loaded JRiver 27 and all the music and now have sound, but every recording is showing 48Hz on the DAC.  Nothing changes when I play a 48Hz or 44Hz or 88HZ or 92Hz or 192Hz.  On my other computer, the input light changes every time the track changes if the sampling rate is different.  And the recordings don't sound like they're coming through at the higher sampling rate.

What audio output settings or output settings should I have set up in for this to work correctly?

Second question:  what category under file type do I use for JRiver to recognize and import MP3 files if I wanted to include those?

Thank you.

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
Re: Need help with JRiver 27, Windows 10 Output settings to DAC
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2020, 08:52:18 pm »

Tools>Options>DSP Studio.

Under "Output Format" (top left) check your Sample rate box.  Some DACs can't do 88,200.  You can either set that to 44,100 or 96000 (both should play) if that's a problem.  Change the outputs in the box as No change until you get higher than 192,000 and set them to 192,000.

Output Encoding - None  Channels Source Number of channels to start.  Make sure Output Format box is checked.

See if that works.

jsjanx

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2020, 10:16:41 am »

Thank you for the suggestion, but it didn't work.  The led light on the DAC still says 48 Hz for every track I play, almost none of which are 48Hz.  My DAC can handle all of the sampling rates we discussed up to 192 Hz.  I'm going to try to load JRiver version 18 on this computer and confirm that it isn't the new driver first.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2020, 11:50:05 am »

Make sure you have Exclusive Mode set in Windows.  Non-exclusive mode often defaults to 48 KHz and will convert everything to that sample rate.,
Pages: [1]   Go Up