INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to setup remote control with MC9  (Read 1415 times)

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
How to setup remote control with MC9
« on: April 17, 2003, 10:02:35 am »

I had setup my remote control with the old .gml file published on the girder web site. Many things have changed since then and there was a lot of work some time ago with all those new MCC commands. Didn't follow the threads thorougly at that time.

Is there somebody who could summarize what exactly needs to be done, so that MC9 commands can be understood by remote controls! Thank you!

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
Re: How to setup remote control with MC9
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2003, 03:01:18 pm »

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=2019739#post2019739

The third post from the bottom contains all you need (except for your own remote codes, those you'll have to learn it).
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system

bspachman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2003, 06:06:50 pm »

Is there somebody who could summarize what exactly needs to be done, so that MC9 commands can be understood by remote controls! Thank you!

Sure....

1) Download the GML from the post Mastiff mentioned.
2) Use the non-eventstringed version of the GML
3) Learn the commands you want with your remote.

I recommend the Windows Messaging version of the commands, for no other reason than to keep the software chain a bit shorter.

If you've got a Pronto (etc.), you can go further and use the CCF file included with the download.

Let us know if you need further guidance!

Brad

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2003, 10:17:46 pm »

Hey, Brad, have you been lurking for a while?  ;) The last post about this that I remember from you is something about a newer version of your GML that would be out in a few days... Anyway, have you noticed that when you send ffwd/rew commands with windows messages to a zone where nothing is playing MC9 dissappears without a trace? It's 100 % reliable on my three setups (two with XP Pro, one done the upgrade way, the other one with a fresh install of version 133 or something and then upgraded, and one Win2K Advanced Server, fresh install of 140 something and then upgraded). Kind of annoying, that one!

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2003, 11:40:22 pm »

Thanks Brad and Mastiff,

great work, imported the gml file in girder! Wow! Too many commands to be handled with my simple remote control, will choose a subset only! My RC is connected through IRman!

To Lise and J River,

1) This information should be included in help!

2) Why not include those gml/ccf files in the MC9 package? Think of new users! How will they find out quickly how to set up and use remote controls?

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2003, 02:54:40 am »

If you use IRMan, why not use my method: I buy dirt cheap universal remotes (All4One or similar even cheaper brands), make sure they are on a setting that nothing else in the house has and program that into the IRMan. I have six zones right now, plus three in my car, some with remotes I got with other stuff (Creative soundcards, Asus TV cards and so on) and some with universal remotes. Works perfectly! 8)

PhatPhreddy

• Cosmic Comic
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2003, 05:57:12 am »

I dont know if they should be in the application download but they certainly should be hosted in some way on the plug ins remote section.
Phreddy@PhatPhreddy.net ICQ# 168975535
HTPC Front ends  
Pages: [1]   Go Up