INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC27 Not Refreshing EPG?  (Read 575 times)

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
MC27 Not Refreshing EPG?
« on: September 09, 2020, 09:05:35 pm »

It's probably my fat fingers from testing the TV Changes, but MC27 has stopped refreshing the EPG that I have setup for years.  I've setup MC to pull EPG data every two hours from ICETV and once per day from the DVB-T tuner itself (to fill in some data from the few channels that ICETV does not cover).  It still works if I manually tell MC to run it, but it no longer runs on it's own every 2 hours / 24 hours as per attached pic.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Nathan

JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
Re: MC27 Not Refreshing EPG?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2020, 09:30:12 pm »

I "think" I have to also have "Automatically load the program guide everyday in the background" check as well.  I'll know in a couple of hours....
JRiver CEO Elect

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2020, 10:16:37 pm »

I "think" I have to also have "Automatically load the program guide everyday in the background" check as well.  I'll know in a couple of hours....

I certainly have that setting ticked in my installation.

It is a bit strange that you can set the Repeat time again the individual EPG modes, but also need the "global" setting turned on. But maybe the global setting is just how often MC checks if it needs to run an EPG profile, while the individual settings are how often each mode should run. Also I think there is still some internal logic around when the EPG was last run, that affects when it will next run, regardless of those settings. That used to be there. Not sure if it still is.

But that "Next Load" time for IceTV doesn't look promising.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2020, 04:40:06 am »

Yup, case closed - all good if I have "Automatically load the program guide everyday in the background" check as well....
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: [1]   Go Up