More > Pono Music

Pono - JRiver Software

(1/2) > >>

gregbart76:
I just bought the latest version of JRiver for my Pono and when I tried to sync my sd cards they stopped working on the Pono. I would like to sync my JRiver collection with my Pono and a new Sandisk external 256 GB ultra SD card so I can listen to my whole collection on my Pono. Now I can't listen to anything on my old 64GB SD cards my Pono

bob:
I use MC to sync to a 400GB SD card for my Pono and it works well. I use the card in a USB3 SDCard reader to get the best speed (syncing through the Pono is excruciatingly slow).

If your original 64GB card no longer works without any changes, it's possible your Pono SDCard slot has gone bad, one of our test Pono's did exactly that.

If that's not the case, what are you running MC on (Windows, Mac or linux)?
Did you format the new SDCard before using it? If so, what format did you use?
What file types are you copying to the new Pono SDCard and what are your handheld settings in MC?

gregbart76:
I do not sync through the Pono for reasons you mention below.

The Pono was working fine with two 64 GB prior to using MC, so not sure the Pono SD slot is the issue.

I am running Windows 8.1.
I did not format the card before using and am copying .flac and mp3 file. I am not sure what settings you are referring to in MC?

bob:

--- Quote from: gregbart76 on September 30, 2020, 03:52:48 am ---I do not sync through the Pono for reasons you mention below.

The Pono was working fine with two 64 GB prior to using MC, so not sure the Pono SD slot is the issue.

I am running Windows 8.1.
I did not format the card before using and am copying .flac and mp3 file. I am not sure what settings you are referring to in MC?

--- End quote ---
Ok, that all sounds fine.
There are settings in MC to determine which file types need to be converted for Handheld devices (ie your SDCard).
Since you are using flac and mp3 there shouldn't be any conversions going on.

If you have a spare SDCard, I'd suggest formatting it on windows you could use the industry standard SDCard formatter from
http://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter
Then drag and drop a few mp3 and/or flac files to it from windows explorer then see if it works in your Pono as an easy way to test to see if your SDCard slot has died.

Campaigner8:
I am running Windows 10. On Media Player 27, I have figured out how to import music from my Cd library on JRiver's media player to my Pono. One problem solved.
My question is as follows as I've read so many Pono posts regarding deleting any or all of my music from my Pono player, without success. I have a relatively new laptop
and want to start fresh with my high def, Flac and AIFF files on my Pono player. Can someone guide me through the steps of how to delete some or all old CD's off of my
Pono player? I am starting new with my Pono on JRiver's media player. I don't want to transfer albums on to the Pono until it is wiped clean.

Thanks for your help,
Campaigner8

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version