INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Keyboard commands  (Read 2401 times)

Inquisition

• World Citizen
Keyboard commands
« on: September 26, 2020, 11:49:49 am »

hello,

first, i upgraded to v27 and all is doing well, no problems.  Great work and big thanks to the team, allways good work.

Now i have a question, like i said few times before i control JRiver through a tablet with mediola all in one system.

the network commands look like this for example  (only little example of my device.xml):

<device id="JRiver GUI Ansichten" name="HTPC GUI" tpl="320x460:255|1024x748:256" icon="dmr" controlurl="/MCWS/v1/%@" controlport="52199" lock="true">
    <key id="Seite Auf" code="Control/Key?Key=Page Up&amp;Focus=1"/>
    <key id="Seite Ab" code="Control/Key?Key=Page Down&amp;Focus=1"/>
    <key id="Zurueck1" code="Control/Key?Key=Backspace&amp;Focus=1"/> 
    <key id="Enter" code="Control/Key?Key=Enter&amp;Focus=1"/>
    <key id="Standard-Ansicht" code="Control/MCC?Command=22000&amp;Parameter=0"/>
    <key id="Theater-Ansicht" code="Control/MCC?Command=22000&amp;Parameter=3"/>
    <key id="Theater-Audio" code="Control/MCC?Command=22001&amp;Parameter=3"/>
  </device>

my question is, is it possible to send commands like Ctrl+Alt+Q   or Alt+Tab?

i tried this two versions but no one works, it only shows first letter in screen like i do a search.

<key id="Example1" code="Control/Key?Key=Ctrl+Alt+Q&amp;Focus=1"/>
    <key id="Example2" code="Control/Key?Key=Ctrl + Alt + Q&amp;Focus=1"/>
    <key id="Example3" code="Control/Key?Key=Strg+Alt+Q&amp;Focus=1"/>
    <key id="Example4" code="Control/Key?Key=Strg + Alt + Q&amp;Focus=1"/>

Only the C or the S pops on screen like i search an entry.

thanks for your support and help
My English is not perfect, so be merciful with me

Inquisition

• World Citizen
Re: Keyboard commands
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2020, 12:22:50 pm »

to supplement

i have some custom keyboard shortcuts, most in madvr, which i want to do over network.

now i must put to my network control buttons on my remote (look example picture before) some with  with ir commands.  but i want change as much as possible to network

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2020, 06:48:39 pm »

Keyboard shortcuts that MC uses can be found in the Resource.xml file. You can created a Custom Resource.xml if you wish to add or change shortcuts, and it will be used in addition to the standard version. See wiki: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/User_Defined_Global_Keyboard_Shortcuts

On Windows the Resource.xml file can be found at C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 27\Data\Default Resources. Take a look at it, if you haven't already.

The code you shared doesn't look like MC Resource.xml code, so I assume that it is Mediola code, although it is using MCWS and MCC Commands, or trying to.

So it seems like this question is how to get Mediola to send composite keyboard commands from the Mediola controller to MC on the PC, which wouldn't be a MC issue. That is up to you and Mediola.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Inquisition

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2020, 12:57:47 am »

thanks for your answer.

yes, the commandstructure i show is mediola special, but it works this way for jriver. my problem was how send an keyboard command of multiple buttons like alt+shift+x.

i tryed like shown in my first post, now after a look in ressource.xml i know it have to look this way:    alt;shift;x

now its my turn to let jriver know what i want with my custom commands and bring them to madvr.  ;)

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2020, 01:39:17 am »

i know it have to look this way:    alt;shift;x

I don't know anything about Mediola, but I don't think that is what you have to do to send keystrokes to the PC from the control device. That is just the notation that MC uses in its Resource.xml file.

My reference to the Resource.xml file was so that you would know what keyboard commands work with MC, and how you can enhance those, if you wish or need to.

I assume that there is some software running on the PC to receive commands from the Mediola device, and then issue them to the PC environment, by emulating a keyboard. That is the bit you are missing I suspect. Based on your example, you just need to get the correct format for the lines such as;
<key id="Example1" code="Control/Key?Key=Ctrl+Alt+Q&amp;Focus=1"/>

That is a question for Mediola, not JRiver.

What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Inquisition

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2020, 03:04:11 am »

slowly, no missunderstand

the commandstructure for mediola i know allready. sending commands with one keystroke works, example:  <key id="ESC" code="Control/Key?Key=Escape&amp;Focus=1"/>    or    <key id="2 abc" code="Control/Key?Key=NumPad2&amp;Focus=1"/>

these all working fine, but these all commands with only one keystroke.

my question have been  is it possible to send commands with more then one keystroke like  Ctrl Alt Shift Q   I tryed these ways    <key id="Example" code="Control/Key?Key=Ctrl+Alt+Shift+Q&amp;Focus=1"/>     <key id="Example" code="Control/Key?Key=Ctrl + Alt + Shift + Q&amp;Focus=1"/>        <key id="Example" code="Control/Key?Key=Strg+Alt+Shift+Q&amp;Focus=1"/>

after your note to the resources.xml i see that there are commands like that but not with +  between the types but with an ;

no i must try this and take a look if it works. other way is to create custom shortcuts.

mediola itself is not the problem, it sends everything between  code="Control/Key?Key=  and   &amp;Focus=1"/>

tomorrow i know more  ;)

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2020, 03:24:53 am »

Yes, but knowing how to join keys using Mediola is the issue. That is the missing information, and you can't just copy what is in the MC Resource.xml file.

The PC needs to receive the composite keyboard commands as if they were typed on the keyboard, and then MC will intercept the commands, and respond as per the keyboard shortcuts defined in Resource.xml.

Mediola Device > Mediola command over network > emulated keystrokes on PC > MC Resource.xml > MC Command > MC response.

I couldn't find an English manual (or even a German one) for Mediola, so can't help there.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2020, 04:01:27 am »

I found the manual in German, which Google translated for me. But I didn't find a section on how to send composite keys to a PC.

I also found your old posts about Mediola, from as far back as 2015. So I see you have already done a lot with Mediola.

So, I'm wondering, why are you trying to send composite keyboard commands to MC?
What are you trying to make MC do?

Perhaps the action you want can be performed using MCWS instead of composite keyboard commands. You seem to know how to use MCWS commands (and MCC Commands) with Mediola. Either might do what you need, and would be more reliable than composite keyboard commands.

References:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=105999.0
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=95765.0
https://homematic-forum.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27577

Inquisition

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2020, 04:20:59 am »

i try to make some custom commands for madvr to go complete away from ir remote.

at moment i send many commands over network, mcws and so on, but for some things i have to implement parallel ir commands. the ir commands to htpc will changed from eventghost into keyboard shortcuts.

maybe i get this, then i can put away this ir gateway i need now.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2020, 08:12:13 am »

If you're trying to switch MC between RO HQ and RO Std, try using Zones.

Inquisition

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2020, 08:47:00 am »

No need for different zones.

I make a try and it works.  It's possible to send keyboard shortcuts with more keystrokes.   The secret was the    ;      between the single types.

Ctrl;Alt;Q    for example works perfect.

So for future my needed commands have to look like:      <key id="Example" code="Control/Key?Key=Ctrl ;Alt;Shift;Q&amp;Focus=1"/>

The note with the resources.xml  was the way to the solution.  Thanks RoderickGI

JimH,  different zones helps a lot, but I try to make things without that. Don't wanna blow up that point more as needed. I use them only for different audio outputs till yet.

Inquisition

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2020, 11:49:57 am »

here my command list if someone is interessted

### "Geht" behind the command means it works
### "Ungetestet" means  not tested yet

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2020, 03:47:49 pm »

Well, I'm surprised that worked. I guess that is a universal way of specifying composite keyboard commands in XML.

I guess I learned something.  8)
Pages: [1]   Go Up