More > Pono Music

connecting Pono to jriver media center

(1/2) > >>

krb66:
i just got a pono but i cant seem to get it to be recognized by my computer and jriver media.                                                                                                     what am i doing wrong?

RoderickGI:

--- Quote from: krb66 on September 28, 2020, 02:12:32 pm ---what am i doing wrong?
--- End quote ---

Honestly, you bought a Pono.

The service was discontinued in 2017. The software will have no new updates. The MC integration will have no new updates (though it should continue to work). There is little information on how to use it.

But if you search the forum for Pono you will find instructions. I believe that if Windows sees the Pono storage (internal and external storage), then MC will, and you can sync to it, just as if it was a drive. If Windows doesn't see the Pono, fix Windows.

JimH:

--- Quote from: RoderickGI on September 28, 2020, 06:27:49 pm ---Honestly, you bought a Pono.

--- End quote ---
The service struggled, but the device itself is amazingly good.

RoderickGI:
I understood that. It was a bit of a shame it's success was tied to the service.

KRB66 must have bought the Pono secondhand, which I could understand for the device alone. But if it isn't seen by Windows it may be busted, and as the company is gone there will be no fix for that. Well, not without going all Geek on it and fixing it, or having someone else fix it.

The good thing is that the forum should contain enough information to at least confirm if it is working, and connecting, or not.

bob:
As long as your external SDCard slot is good it works great.
Don't even bother with the internal memory.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version