INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can I run two NVMe cards for storage?  (Read 588 times)

icenine

• Junior Woodchuck
Can I run two NVMe cards for storage?
« on: October 07, 2020, 07:18:49 pm »

I have a new build and my music only NVMe 2TB is almost full. I also have a bootable 1TB NVMe that is almost empty. Is there a way to use this drive as well. I have a RIDICULOUS amount of Live Grateful Dead and/or King Crimson that would free up mucho space. Both are Crucial P5's.
Thank you!!!
Furutech GTX-D, GTX Wall Plate,106-D Cover > NCF Clearline >J River (Current)> Curious Cable Evolved USB > Chord Hugo M Scaler>Wave Stream dual BNC >Chord Hugo TT 2 > DCA Stealth

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Can I run two NVMe cards for storage?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2020, 07:53:03 pm »

Can I run two NVMe cards for storage?

Yes. Of course.

Just point MC's Auto Import feature to the second NVMe drive, in addition to the current drive, to import media files placed there.
Or if you want to move some of the media files from the current drive to the new drive, just use the "Rename, Move, and Copy Files" function within MC to do that.

MC doesn't care where you store your media files. As long as Windows can see the drive(s), MC can index what is on it, and store that information in its Library. You could be using any number of drives, and MC wouldn't care.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

icenine

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Can I run two NVMe cards for storage?
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2020, 08:07:42 pm »

Thank you!
Furutech GTX-D, GTX Wall Plate,106-D Cover > NCF Clearline >J River (Current)> Curious Cable Evolved USB > Chord Hugo M Scaler>Wave Stream dual BNC >Chord Hugo TT 2 > DCA Stealth
Pages: [1]   Go Up