INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rename, Move & Copy Files F6 -- Multiple Artists  (Read 3785 times)

pilotbum

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Rename, Move & Copy Files F6 -- Multiple Artists
« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2020, 01:43:16 am »

Why didn't you just use the find and replace tool and avoid all that trouble?

Are you talking about to replace the / with ; in the Genres? Truth is I didn't know it existed till now...  :-\

wer

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2020, 01:52:58 am »

I guess you were paying attention to the wrong guy's posts...   ;)  I posted about it several posts back, when I saw you were trying to do it with an expression. In fact I had mentioned it twice, even earlier about fixing the filename. I didn't know you were a masochist...

I though when Rod suggested Replace() to you he was just playing one of his dirty Australian tricks, but then you fell for it... Just remember, I tried to save you.

Take a look at it; it's a very handy tool, as perhaps you now realize. :)

pilotbum

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2020, 08:35:00 am »

I guess you were paying attention to the wrong guy's posts...   ;)  I posted about it several posts back, when I saw you were trying to do it with an expression. In fact I had mentioned it twice, even earlier about fixing the filename. I didn't know you were a masochist...

I though when Rod suggested Replace() to you he was just playing one of his dirty Australian tricks, but then you fell for it... Just remember, I tried to save you.

Take a look at it; it's a very handy tool, as perhaps you now realize. :)

I should have said, I didn't find it until now...

pilotbum

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2020, 09:25:46 am »

Interesting. I'm just wondering how you got all that trash in your [Genre] values in the first place.

Picard.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2020, 03:25:08 pm »

There's no auto fill from an online database like Last.fm, disccogs.com or musicbrains.org is there?

Not built into MC that I am aware of. MC uses its own YADB for Album and Track information. The Album lookup is okay in that, but only runs when ripping CDs I believe. The rest of the time MC does a Track by Track lookup, which doesn't work as well.

I have used MusicBrainz Picard, which works okay mostly. Basically, you must update the tags in the files with whatever tool, then run "Update Library (from tags)".
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up