INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zone Switching Question  (Read 291 times)

TP1964

• World Citizen
Zone Switching Question
« on: October 13, 2020, 09:47:36 am »

Question is: I have several zones depending on the number of audio channels of the file - it gets sent to a specific zone. Occasionally, I like to just listen on my headphones (which is a DAC in its own zone) - if I select the zone and then try to play the file OR if I go to the file, right-click and try to send it to my DAC, regardless - it plays according to the Zone Switching rules and sends it to one of the other zones (depending on the number of channels.)

There was one post (I think the original Zone Switching post) where admins had discussed changing Zone switching to allow "send to" to override the rules. Was this ever implemented? Is there another way to do this besides switching Zone Switching on/off every time I want to listen through the headphones?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks --Ted

TP1964

• World Citizen
Re: Zone Switching Question
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2020, 09:54:48 am »

ok, found a work-around (or maybe this is the way it's supposed to work?) If I right-click on the headphone DAC zone and select "Edit Playing Now in Action Window..." my headphone DAC shows up down in the action window and I can drag and drop individual songs or albums there and they do play in that zone.

I would still like to hear if this is the only method to do what I'm asking or if maybe there is something I need to change in my Zone Switching rules?

Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up