INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems on video  (Read 438 times)

indieke

• Junior Woodchuck
Problems on video
« on: October 20, 2020, 07:48:18 am »

I have a reasonably fast laptop. I have a small portable, Xgimi projector. I play my ripped videos on it with a mediaplayer Zidoo X 9. No  problems, but the image of my laptop on it gives me more depth, better blacks.

But, as I have not used video before, I had JRiver 20, and had video playback issues. Either the video froze an instant every 10 seconds or so, can be more. Not every file. One very bad one was an ISO file of the dark knight, where the zoom on the black building at the start was shaking.  On VLC, it was fine. I installed JRiver 27, but although less movies seem to have the issue, it is not fun to watch always.

I tried a lot, hardware acceleration, clock, manual frame rate, automatic, always a problem, sometimes less, but sometimes severe.

I have a cheap little portable, I play my audio files with, no issues at all. But the good machine, would not work properly.

My configuration:

Video card GTX 16 series

Intel I 7 9750@ 2.60 GHZ  X64

16 G ram

Windows 10  Family

Now I am thinking of reinstalling all and do a reset, but that is a lot of work. I tried to see at the video card setting there is also A UHD intel one.
I not understand the problem. I go through a Denon  1400 amplifier, I also have more audio sync problem then with other hardware.

I tis a gaming computer MSI

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Problems on video
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2020, 08:06:25 am »

Try setting video to Red October Standard.  The wiki has a topic.

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2020, 08:09:56 am »

Sounds like Hardware Acceleration is off.
- Try switching to "Red October Standard" in Options->Video
- make sure "hardware accelerate video decoding when possible" is enabled

If it plays fine there, then you can try "Red October HQ"; try first with Quality Setting = "Best Performance", and enable "Optimize hardware decoding for performance".
Red October HQ + "Best Quality" requires lots of CPU power, not just GPU. There are some settings in MadVR that only work with very fast CPUs.

rec head

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2020, 08:29:25 am »

What in madVR uses CPU? My HTPC with an old CPU and 1060 video card plays nicely upscaling to 4K.

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2020, 09:08:06 am »

What in madVR uses CPU? My HTPC with an old CPU and 1060 video card plays nicely upscaling to 4K.

Depending on the chosen algorithms, some options run in GPU logic, others in Shaders, others are done via CPU. There's also plenty of options that imply pre/post CPU frame analysis. Play with the options and monitor CPU usage, you can get it to 100% if you try.

indieke

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2020, 09:10:31 am »

Sounds like Hardware Acceleration is off.
- Try switching to "Red October Standard" in Options->Video
- make sure "hardware accelerate video decoding when possible" is enabled

If it plays fine there, then you can try "Red October HQ"; try first with Quality Setting = "Best Performance", and enable "Optimize hardware decoding for performance".
Red October HQ + "Best Quality" requires lots of CPU power, not just GPU. There are some settings in MadVR that only work with very fast CPUs.
I tried it with on, also Red October, even sems that it is more fluid with HA off.  The cheap Acer Laptop, limited hardware, not has the problem, I not understand. I also went into the videocard settings, I also checked the frame rate on the projector, that is  all fine. even changed cables and inputs on amp
Pages: [1]   Go Up