INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover Art Issues  (Read 702 times)

Sky King

• Galactic Citizen
Cover Art Issues
« on: October 24, 2020, 06:04:54 am »

In MC27, several of my album are displaying no cover art even though there are "folder.jpg" files in the respective folders where the music is housed and the individual files have been tagged to includ the album art in each of the files in a particular album.

Any idea how I can rectify this situation?

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Cover Art Issues
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2020, 07:28:09 am »

Did this happen when you upgraded? If so you have several albums with cover Art stored in the MC26 folders. To rectify you need to edit the tags of the affected ablums. Several ways to do this.

In album view, right click on an album and choose cover art, then a submenu with many ooptions including get from internet, or if you want to go back to your previous ones, choose from file then navigate to %appdata% then JRiver, Media Center 26, Cover Art to pick up your old one.

Another way is within the Tags panel on the left, scroll to the image. Sometime one track will have the image while the others don't. Clciking on the image (not right-click) gives you similar options as above. Including copy past from clipboard where you can copy paste the same image among tracks.

This issue occurs if you have used inconsistent ways you have applied them. It's not really a MC thing it s a process thing when files entr your library from all different sources. You have to keep on top ones that are wrong and fix them.  I have "Image File" listed as one of my filters in the Audio Files view so I can keep these clean. Any item in my files that is not "Inside File" or Folder.jpg, shows you which ones you need to fix up as above, because they will be stored in the AppData folders. Hope this helps.
Dave
------
Linux Manjaro 23 / Windows 10 Pro | i7 14700K Gigabyte Z790 UD AX | JRMark 10253 | Realtek Integrated HDAudio SPDIF | PC Sound - Yamaha TSS-15 5.1 DAC (will be sad when capacitors die!)| Real Sound - DLNA Network to Yamaha RX-V777 Receiver Living Room + Deck | DLNA to Paired Yamaha WiFi WX-010 MusicCast Speakers to Outside Areas

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Cover Art Issues
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2020, 08:04:44 am »

You could also right-click on a file or album with a failing cover and go to:
cover art>rebuild thumbnail

:)
gab
Pages: [1]   Go Up