INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgraded to MC27 Avi files no longer play  (Read 771 times)

rustynail

• Recent member
Upgraded to MC27 Avi files no longer play
« on: October 21, 2020, 10:19:56 am »

Upgraded to MC27 from MC24 and my avi files no longer play.  Uninstalled MC27 and reinstalled it, No change.  Uninstalled MC27 and reinstalled older version MC24 and avi files will no play.  Never had this problem before I upgraded to MC27. All avi files play correctly in Plex and VLC. Is there a fix for this ? Thanks

BigSpider

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Upgraded to MC27 Avi files no longer play
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2020, 01:02:10 pm »

My AVI files are playing ok in MC27, possibly your antivirus/firewall is preventing the download of components it requires to play them?
English spiders are kind of small, but when I was living in the African rain forest well ......

rustynail

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2020, 03:06:27 pm »

Turned off antivirus and firewall. Uninstalled MC27 and reinstalled.  Did not fix avi playback..  Have had no problem playing movie files (mkv)

BigSpider

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2020, 03:38:16 pm »

I only mentioned av/firewall because I noticed that on a new install of MC27 I had a little dialogue box popup when I first played one of my avi files which said it was downloading the necessary components to play the file. If you are on windows10 you need to give MC27 permissions as per the taming windows thread as it sees the new program as completely independent of any previous versions of MC.
English spiders are kind of small, but when I was living in the African rain forest well ......

rustynail

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2020, 04:30:01 pm »

Have spent hours and hours trying to find a solution.  Have made some progress.  Loaded MC27  on a similar computer to my HTPC and the avi files play correctly. I did notice that on first play MC27 did download necessary components to play the file.  Never saw this on the install on the HTPC.  Booted the HTPC in safe mode and MC27 plays avi files correctly. Have be trying to find out what is causing the problem in normal mode.  Is there any why to find out what is causing MC27 to play avi correctly in safe mode but not in normal mode?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2020, 04:50:56 pm »

You may have some security software blocking MC's access to the download.
Pages: [1]   Go Up