INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recently imported music in a smartlist  (Read 1619 times)

sariahdog

• Recent member
Recently imported music in a smartlist
« on: January 12, 2003, 12:40:02 pm »

I'm trying to make a smartlist that will include music that has been added during a specific date range.

For example, I want the smartlist to show all music added in the past month so my wife can browse through the new songs.

The finished smartlist will be similar to the recently imported list but I am also going to add another condition so I can't use "Recently Imported".
"-custom3=[]", is the other condition I will be using.

I look forward to a reply!!!

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Recently imported music in a smartlist
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2003, 12:52:53 pm »

this is easyer in MC9, but the options for this kind of got broken in MC9 maybe 4 weeks ago.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

sariahdog

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2003, 05:42:17 am »

Any suggestions?

xen-uno

• Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2003, 06:15:54 am »

Search for Search Modifiers in MJ's Help. Has a nice table w/ examples.

10-27

sariahdog

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2003, 09:59:24 am »

I've checked the help files and don't see any refference to this. The closest topic to what I want to do was unchecking the "clear recently imported playlist on exit". This doesn't allow me to specify a date range though.
Is what I'm trying to do even possible? How does MJ keep track of recently imported files? Is there some sort of flag set in the database on recently imported files that signifies them as recently imported or is there another file that gets created to signify recently imported files? Or some other way?

xen-uno

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2003, 12:08:03 pm »

Search Modifiers is there in v8 Help. I don't see anyway to refer to the date field (not to be confused with the Year field) in a smartlist. Besides that, the actual date may be stored something like dates are stored in Excel...that is 12/15/62 equals some string like 123456789.

Recently Imported is a dynamic smart list, created on the fly when you import something. But what it's parameters are is unknown to me. It becomes more than that if you uncheck the "Clear Recently Imported playlist on exit" in Settings>Options>General>Importing & Tagging.

10-27

sariahdog

• Recent member
Re:TECHNICALRecently imported music in a smartlist
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2003, 06:22:45 am »

I've looked at mediafiles.jmd and see 'RecentMusic' as one of the tags in a file I just imported. I'm assuming this is how the Recently Imported list gets populated.

Is this correct?

xen-uno

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2003, 08:59:44 am »

Yeah...one of those jmd's. If you want to save the PN contents into a user defined playlist then right click on the PN folder and select Send To....then you can then send it to an existing playlist or a new one.

10-27

sariahdog

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2003, 11:11:33 am »

Any idea where the "RecentMusic" description gets stored? Is it somewhere in the tags of the file or is it an MJ data base field only?

Deivit

• I find your interest interesting...
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2003, 12:59:20 pm »

I'm trying to make a smartlist that will include music that has been added during a specific date range.

For example, I want the smartlist to show all music added in the past month so my wife can browse through the new songs.

Sariah,

Not sure if this will be helpful to you, but I needed a similar feature with my recently imported tracks just to make sure that I do not miss to play any of my newly added tracks... In fact, I normally import a bunch of 100-150 tracks per session and add them to the "playing now" list. This makes my "playing now" list ending up with a constant amount of some 600-700 tracks since I can play less tracks than I can add. If the "playing now" list is replaced by accident, I was not able to easily determine which tracks had already been played and which not, causing me a little mess.  In order to avoid this, I have a smartlist which I call "new releases", based on the following rules:

playlistid==164166270 numberplays=0
(being 164166270 the recently imported playlist)

This allows me to have a dinamic playlist of all the recently imported tracks not yet played... with the additional advantage of having the track automatically removed from that playlist as soon as it has been played once.

Perhaps you can implement something similar in order to let your wife have a list of the non played new tracks, since they will remain there as long as they have not been played at least once, no matter when they where imported.

Regards,

RemyJ

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2003, 01:18:51 pm »

Not clear if you're on MJ8 or MC9.  If MC9, the search capability King Sparta referenced is fixed again in the latest release.

dateimported=<=n where n is the elapsed number of minutes will do what I think you are looking for.

dateimported=<=1440  will find anything imported in the last 24 hours

dateimported=<=10080 will find anything imported within the last 7 days.
Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

sariahdog

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2003, 03:48:44 am »

Thanks everyone for your suggestions, they helped quite a bit. If you're interested, here's what I ended up with:

1.  Disabled clear recently imported on exit
2.  Set up a smartlist that only has songs with "1" in custom3. That's what my wife listens to.
3.  A new smatlist named "Check" that has:
playlistid==902637946
-custom3=1
-custom3=x
This smartlist shows songs from Recently imported (902637946), Since it checks for custrom3 not to = 1(-custom3=1), it won't show songs already on her list. Then if she doesn;t want to see a song she doesn't want, the last condition is -custom3=x. She just puts an x in custom3 if she doesn't like the song.

This is working well, but I'm open to any more suggestions.
Pages: [1]   Go Up