INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPhone support for sync  (Read 1230 times)

iwhale

iPhone support for sync
« on: October 31, 2020, 08:44:31 am »

Hi guys,
I had MC 22 and just updated version 27.
I very much hoped they had solved the problem about the sync with iphone without export every time the playlist, import them in iTunes and then sync the iphone.
Is it possible that a tool like MC doesn't supports a direct sync with iPhone ??
Someone knows a better way to do it?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: iPhone support for sync
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2020, 09:36:55 am »

Apple doesn't allow it.  Take a look at the Apple board here.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2020, 04:50:50 pm »

It does not support direct sync. However, prod's MCiS still works fine as long as you don't upgrade iTunes past version 12.5.5.5 (ish, that's what I'm using, and you can still find installers for that version around the web). That version does support iCloud Music Library and iTunes Match, so if you have that, it is absolutely possible to sync your MC Library, or a subset thereof, to your iCloud Music Library and then be able to access all of it (and smartlists generated by MC) in Music.app on your phone.

You can script it, with some elbow grease, to happen automatically. It isn't perfect, but it works quite well.

That's exactly what I do.

One of these days I might update the source on MCiS to work with newer versions of iTunes (I'm sure it is a minor API change-induced bug), but the existing version works for me so laziness has won thus far.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

jack wallstreet

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2020, 10:36:26 pm »

I love MC and I like my iphone.  I am disappointed that there isn't better integration, BUT I use MCIS with the latest version of Itunes.  It works fine, IF you do a full sync, not an incremental sync

1. delete all songs from Itunes and then reimport the music
2. sync with MCIS (I still double click the rebuild in MCIS per prod's admonition a few years ago - don't know whether that is necessary) - a full sync still works fine
3. clear all music out of the iphone
4. let itunes reload all the music on the iphone

Obviously this takes time, but it is just sit and wait, not really any effort.
John
Pages: [1]   Go Up