INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 19 Win 10 can't use UNC folder connections  (Read 284 times)

graebeard1

• Recent member
MC 19 Win 10 can't use UNC folder connections
« on: November 07, 2020, 05:48:37 pm »

Hi Folks,

Love MC for my music and files, and have a pc loaded with a library. I want to access it from my laptop via WIFi. The pc files are shown as UNC folders on the laptop. So, when I try to configure the Media Import folders, all I can see are the local laptop folders. The File Explorer Network folder does not seem to work with wireless connections, so I needed to configure them as UNC. Is there a workaround for this?

This problem and others with using Win 10 have caused me lots of grief since I upgraded.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Grae

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC 19 Win 10 can't use UNC folder connections
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2020, 06:10:30 pm »

Import from network locations should work via Wi-Fi.  No known problems.

What happens if you browse from Explorer?

Make sure you configure Windows Defender.  There's a thread for it on the MC27 board.

graebeard1

• Recent member
Re: MC 19 Win 10 can't use UNC folder connections
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2020, 06:21:08 pm »

Browsing from Explorer IS my problem. Win 7 allowed File Explorer Network to show all my machines in the network folder. In Win 10, it shows as empty. If I wire connect, the Explorer works as in Win 7.

Since I have Data files on my other machines, I needed to create UNC connections on all the wireless ones so they can communicate. If MC could use UNC, I would have no issues and would revert to JRiver. On condition that Gizmo was usable for remote control.

Pages: [1]   Go Up