INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: freeze fixed (and maybe a clue for fixing a 2nd freeze)  (Read 4048 times)

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: freeze fixed (and maybe a clue for fixing a 2nd freeze)
« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2020, 03:24:20 pm »

Here is a refined hypothesis on what is causing the freeze I observe.

I agree. Something to do with tag reading is broken.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

comox

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2020, 03:35:22 pm »

If this is a difficult problem to solve, I would be more than happy with a quick and dirty fix that disables tag reading/writing for all Group3 file types.

comox

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2020, 09:06:40 pm »

Another clue. Don't know if it's related but it's suspicious since it involves reading tags.

MC has for several years struggled to correctly identity the compression type for some video files.

Today I imported a 1080p x265 mkv file and MC reported the compression as "mkv video (video: HEVC, audio: LAV AAC ADTS)".

I knew from experience that this was wrong so I clicked "Update Library (from tags)" to refresh the compression detection and MC correctly reported "mkv video (video:hevc, audio: aac)".

The same file caused a 30 second freeze on import (as described above), and the "Update Library (from tags)" operation also (sometimes but not always) caused a 30 second freeze and so I wondered if the two problems are related.

comox

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2021, 08:14:35 pm »

After a couple days of testing I am optimistic that 27.0.61 fixed this freeze.

We'll probably need another couple weeks to know for sure but it looks good.

I'm assuming it was this change:

"Fixed: The video analyzer could sometimes take a long time."
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up