INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ape/apl & cue sheets  (Read 1597 times)

dragyn

ape/apl & cue sheets
« on: October 12, 2002, 06:29:38 pm »

just like the topic says. MJ definately needs this. Will something like this get into MJ9?  

I was ripping a cd with EAC and there was this one track on the disc where EAC just choked on it...badly. I tried MJ on the same track and even though it couldn't read the data to it's fullest (digital secure), it still sounds like there are no errors in the track (good thing).

I can trust you guys when it comes to ripping but I like to use the image files so I'm still stuck with EAC.

How hard would it be to add something like this?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: ape/apl & cue sheets
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2002, 06:26:53 am »

JohnT (JRiver's CD guru) is pretty busy right now with a new burning system.

Once that's rolling, we'll lean on him a bit to get better CUE / APL support.

Thanks Dragyn.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

phelt

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2002, 12:48:32 pm »

CUE's for every possible format, please  :)

dragyn

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2003, 03:42:20 pm »

Lean harder! Sit on him if you have to. Get everyone..it's hog pile time.  j/k :p

Hopefully this will come through in v10. I'm sure he's busy just like the rest of ya. I'd rather be using MC than EAC. It's just the way it's gotta be. Hope you'll understand.

Thank you,
Beta Tester #000456

iCamp

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2003, 07:46:42 pm »

Sorry to bud in with an idiotic question...

What exactly is a Que sheet?  From what I'm able to gather it has something to do with ripping an entire CD to one file.  Is that guess even in the same ballpark?  ?

nila

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2003, 12:09:48 am »

Spot on.
You rip the CD to one file and then the cue sheet tells programs where each track starts and finishes so you have one big file but can also keep track of each of the tracks.

iCamp

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2003, 07:19:51 am »

Thank you.
So, if you play one of these big files MC has to know to also load the Cue sheet?  Is the Cue sheet stored in the ID tag? -or is it a separate file the MC just knows to look for (guessing that must be the "apl" file in the thread title).

Further, what is the advantage in doing this over a "normal" CD rip where you create separate files for each song?

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2003, 12:17:29 pm »

I think it goes without saying that I'd very much like to see this included in MC as well.

phelt

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2003, 03:59:19 pm »

iCamp:
The cue sheet is a separate file. It's just a text file - it includes the name of the audio file that it is for, as well as the track #, title, performer, time position, etc.

The functional advantage applies mainly to recordings of live performances or mix albums which do not have silence between tracks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up