INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature request  (Read 1146 times)

DanielEKFA

• Recent member
Feature request
« on: April 14, 2003, 01:50:51 am »

It'd be really cool if we could have different playback settings for different albums. In a scenario where you have both OGGs and  MP3s, the way you'd like MC to play back your files differ. For gapped MP3s, I'd like for MC to do a fast crossfade between tracks, while for OGGs this wouldn't be necessary. If we could specify such settings for individual albums, that would be cool.

TIA  :D
Daniel, Denmark

nila

Re: Feature request
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2003, 04:59:26 am »

Yeah,
for v9.1 it'd be GREAT to see advanced playback controls including:

• Tempo
  • Playback speed (WMP offers this already)
  • Intro Mode for songs (with the ability to specify the start point into the song and how many seconds it plays)
  • Ability to loop a song between two parts non destructively (without having to cut the song and save it as a new file)
  • repeat extended to include - repeat individual track not just all tracks (sometimes it's nice to keep the playlist but just repeat a song)
  • Ability to do what he said above :)
  • Ability to have smart equaliser effects (if it's playing hip-hop it'll use the hip-hop, rock it'll use the rock etc).

This would make it a Powerful player as well as manager :)

NoCodeUK

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2003, 05:29:52 am »

All sound very good.  I seem to remember us talking about some of these before :)  Would be nice for 9.1 but I would think these are probably more likely to be 10.0 features...

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

DocLotus

• Retired and; Loving It!!!
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2003, 07:09:38 am »

Oh goodie... Version 10.

When do we get started?
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

nila

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2003, 09:11:18 am »

Yeah,
they were all v9 requests that never made it.
Alot of the tempo, repeat segments etc are probably mainly important to musicians or us dancers and so just didn't get enough votes/shouting for.
We might be a small segment but we could be a small segment with a lot of love :)
All the HTPC stuff is for a very small segment too yet it made it :(
(still dont even know what the HTPC is and know it doesn't exist in england)

NoCodeUK

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2003, 10:50:12 am »

Defo with you in the musicians minority!!  The only prog I ever found that could do tempo adjustment and segmented repeat was The Musicians CD Player but the interface and the DB sucked.  As for the HTPC it is available here in England...I plan to have one soon.  It is really just a PC set up to do everything.  If you have a DVD ROM, a TV Card and a high end soundcard you can have an HTPC.  And a projector would be nice too :)

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder
Pages: [1]   Go Up