INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Newbe - asking for some advice on how to setup audio  (Read 612 times)

henning65

• Junior Woodchuck
Newbe - asking for some advice on how to setup audio
« on: December 11, 2020, 11:02:58 am »

I would be happy for your advice!

I'm trying to set up MC Server (Version 27) on MacMini (late 2012) using a Synology NAS as storage for my music data (FLAC). I thought I could use an old appleTV as renderer and "bridge" to my old receiver (Pioneer VSX-D1011). MacMini, NAS, appleTV are connected via ethernet/LAN. The receiver is connected to the appleTV via optical cable.

Using my iOS devices and JRemote I can "see" and connect to my Soundsystem - all fine. But I can't use the appleTV directly with the player within JRiver. And if I choose the server as player on my iOS devise (within JRemote) I can't play any songs. => As far as I understand: MC simply doesn't accept the appleTV as "output"?!
I want to be able to edit song metadata (like rating) - so any setup must be able to send modifications on metadata back to MC Server.

My Questions
First: is there a simple solution with my existing hardware to play music from MC via appleTV to my receiver?

Second best: I guess I have three options: Get an JRiver ID and replace MacMini & appleTV --- OR --- get another renderer, which is able to supply my speakers and has LAN input (replace appleTV and receiver) --- OR --- get another renderer (maybe roku?) to replace appleTV.
I believe the management comes with the solution implemented: so most likely I will have different options if I a) use an JRiver ID b) another renderer. - Correct?
I'm not looking for the most sophisticated solution - but simply for a reasonable setup with a small prize tack.

I would like to ask for your suggestion.

Thanks for your help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up