INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HTPC for audio (a lot) and video (a little)  (Read 1720 times)

marcob9999

• Recent member
HTPC for audio (a lot) and video (a little)
« on: November 26, 2020, 10:11:11 am »

Hello
I'm Marco and I'm new on this forum, and I don't know if this is the right section where to post…
If not… I’m sorry…
I’m planning to build an HTPC with this hardware:
CPU … i7 10700
MOTHERBOARD … Asrock 1200 H470M Pro4 (or something like this…)
RAM … DDR4 3000 16GB (16GB are enough or 32GB are better???)
SSD M.2 … Western Digital M.2 Black 250GB SN750 NVME PCI Express (for Operating system and software (basically just JRiver...))
SSD … Western Digital RED SA500 2TB (for music and some video…)
Case …HDPLEX 2nd Gen H5 Fanless Chassis (+ 400W nano ATX combo)
I’ll use it for listen music and watch web TV (only HD… no 4K)
The audio path will be… Files saved on HD in various formats (PCM and DSD) … JRiver that will act as crossover (my HiFi is 3 ways multi amplified), speaker linearization (phase too) and DRC … to the multichannel DAC via USB (I think in 32bit 192KHz format…).
I have some doubts  ?...
When I watch TV (or any other video) I wish I could choose whether to send audio and video to the TV via HDMI (and listen through the TV speakers), or to send the video to HDMI and audio to USB (and listen through the HiFi speakers).
Is it possible??? Better if in a simply way (1 or 2 click...)…
… and…
Since there will be convolutions to be done, and latency will e created, is it possible, for JRiver, re synchronize audio and video???
I have other doubts, but I think I have already written too much…
Sorry for the length of my post, and for my bad English (google translator… ;D)

Good evening everybody!!!
Marco

wer

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: HTPC for audio (a lot) and video (a little)
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2020, 12:14:10 pm »

Welcome to the forums.

Yes, all that can be done easily in JRiver Media Center.

To have multiple audio configurations or outputs, use Zones.

To automatically switch between Zones based on metadata or what is being played, use ZoneSwitch.

MC keeps audio and video synced during convolution.

Google "jriver zones" or "jriver zoneswitch" to learn more.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2020, 03:47:15 pm »

PC configuration looks good for audio and HD video, as long as the power supply is enough. I didn't check that.

16GB should be fine, unless you have a huge Library of music, such as over 500,000 tracks. Even then, it will work fine, but maybe take a moment longer to load a lot of thumbnails/Cover Art.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

marcob9999

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2020, 07:18:27 am »

GREAT NEWS!!!
Many thanks!!! I will study...

With a PSU calculator I find my configuration need 300W (TDP of CPU is 65W, there is no video card, and hard disks are SSD...).
HDPlex combo (case and PSU) is NOT cheap, dut I have not found valid alternatives for the case (I need it horizontal). If there are any suggestions  ;D...

Bye!!!
Marco

Pages: [1]   Go Up