INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lyric display how to scroll pages?  (Read 1123 times)

Richard@Harbury

• Recent member
Lyric display how to scroll pages?
« on: November 26, 2020, 04:32:45 am »

I can't find how to scroll pages of lyrics if display is set to every x lines which creates pages of lyrics.  Or is it possible to set up some form of auto-scroll?  I am probably just missing something but if anyone can help....

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Lyric display how to scroll pages?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2020, 05:25:16 am »

Unfortunately you can't scroll the lyrics pages, the best thing you can do is try to find a  line# setting which changes pages of lyrics as close to the right time as possible, or set the pages to Never and hope the lyrics will always be a readable size.

Or you could use a TrackInfo Plugin that does display Scrollable Lyrics Like this one https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,118901.0.html
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html

Richard@Harbury

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2020, 06:01:12 am »

Thanks very helpful.  My pages of lyrics don't scroll at all.  Say lyric display is set to 30 lines and this results in 5 pages.  The lyric displayed stays on 1of5 all the way through the track.  How can I set this to scroll even if this may not happen at exactly the right point?

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2020, 06:26:04 am »

Thanks very helpful.  My pages of lyrics don't scroll at all.  Say lyric display is set to 30 lines and this results in 5 pages.  The lyric displayed stays on 1of5 all the way through the track.  How can I set this to scroll even if this may not happen at exactly the right point?

Those pages are supposed to automatically change at the point in the track MC calculated they should advance - so there must be something on your system that is preventing it from happening.
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html

Richard@Harbury

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2020, 07:24:45 am »

That is probably because I was rendering over DLNA and the slider does not work when I do that so this also seems to mean the lyric pages don't scroll.  I have checked and scrolling does work in player.  Thanks again.  Have still not cracked the slider issue over DLNA but that is a different issue. 

Richard@Harbury

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2020, 04:56:13 pm »

Plug-in (as above) is great but I can't get it to work if rendering to any DLNA device.  It just works in the player.  I am a real beginner so I don't understand what the issue is. 

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2020, 09:06:25 pm »

I believe the issue is that while MC is sending the Lyrics to the DLNA Renderer, it isn't controlling the display of them. The Renderer has control once the file has been sent.

You need to look at your Renderer capabilities.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Richard@Harbury

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2020, 09:53:55 am »

Hi Roderick.  I am rendering to various speakers on a Denon/Heos setup and simply have MC set up with the Generic DLNA server and nothing more.  Please can you provide more guidance as to what to do?   Thanks

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2020, 02:42:42 pm »

Ah, so you aren't sending the audio to a DLNA Renderer with a display of any kind?

So you are using MC to push to the Denon/Heos Renderer? In that case, you could have Playing Now display in MC, and I would expect Lyrics progression to work, as long as the Renderer was reporting its position correctly. But maybe that hasn't been implemented. I haven't tested and can't at the moment.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Richard@Harbury

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2020, 03:16:33 pm »

Yes, as you describe.  Lyrics progression does not work in MC playing now display on the laptop nor does the slider so unable to change play position on the track.  Visualization overlays also don't work or even show as an option.  Any suggestions?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2020, 05:12:45 pm »

The Seekbar (slider) should control the position of playback on your Renderer. The Denon/Heos working as a Renderer has caused trouble for a lot of people before.

Try right-clicking on the Renderer under Playing Now in the Tree at the left, then select "DLNA Controller Options" and try ticking "Ignore Transport Events". Check the Seekbar. If no better, try the other settings, such as "Ignore Get Position Failure".

Richard@Harbury

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2020, 04:58:39 pm »

Tried that both ticking them individually one by one and having them all ticked.  Made no difference.  Any other ideas that I can try?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2020, 08:35:58 pm »

Not really.

Search the Release Notes and the Forum for the original functionality announcement for Lyrics, and the changes to add pages. There may be some hints there.

I don't usually watch the Lyrics, and just display them all without pages. But I just tested with various line counts and playing to another MC installation as a DLNA Renderer, and while the Seekbar worked, Lyrics pages stayed on page 1 of x as you described. I thought it might be because the MC Audio Engine wasn't being used, as I was sending the audio file in Original format to the DLNA Renderer. So I forced MC to convert to a specified output format and use the local Audio Engine (as shown by the Audio Path having content) by adding some DSP to the playback, and the lyrics still didn't scroll.

So perhaps the functionality wasn't implemented for DLNA playback.

PS: The pages do change if playing to a local device.

Richard@Harbury

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2020, 10:54:45 am »

Understood re the lyrics.  It's only a nice to have and as you say works locally. 

But the Seekbar not working is much more of a problem and ticking the boxes you suggested did not fix the problem.  I really would like to fix this if I can.  Please can you point me to anything else to try to fix this? 
Pages: [1]   Go Up