INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Output Directory Problem in MC27  (Read 372 times)

enorms1950

Output Directory Problem in MC27
« on: November 25, 2020, 04:59:47 pm »

My old version of 25 was working well, but after upgrading to 27 I’m having a rip problem. Wont rip and I’m getting this message: The output directory could not be created for one or more fields. Please double check the output directory in the ripping options. I’m guessing this has come up before, but I can find any problems with the file being ripped or rip setting. Help appreciated.

wer

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Output Directory Problem in MC27
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2020, 05:22:06 pm »

You didn't provide a screenshot of your ripping options, so I'll take a guess based on the error.

Your ripping options specify the creation of subdirectories based on certain tags, and one or more of those tags is empty or contains invalid characters. Examine the metadata for the files you are ripping, and sanitize the fields involved in where the ripped files are placed. Artist and Album are likely suspects.

Screenshots of the ripping options, file location options, and metadata of the CD would be helpful if you need more help.

enorms1950

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2020, 11:52:12 am »

It’s fixed. Your thinking was in the right direction and I feel stupid I didn’t think about it earlier. When I upgraded to MC 27 the app set the target drive for ripping to a default. However I don’t even have the default drive location on my system, so I’m guessing that the app could not find the drive it was set to look for.  I’m assuming that was the problem, because after I set the recipient drive location to the one i use, it’s working fine! So far so good anyway. Thanks so much for responding. I’ve been thru a couple of versions of MC and never had a problem, at least none that I didn’t cause to begin with, so I was at a loss when my first use after updating had a glitch. Appreciate the help.

wer

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2020, 12:42:19 pm »

No problem. Glad you got yours sorted out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up