INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playing OGM files  (Read 1243 times)

NoCodeUK

• Citizen of the Universe
Playing OGM files
« on: April 13, 2003, 01:15:54 am »

Is there currently any way to play these files with MC?  I have all the correct filters and can play them in WMP but when I try to play in MC it simply says Select files to play.  Normally when I try and play a WMP file with MC it sawns the DS filters and pays okay.  Not OGM. Any chance of this being in 9.1/10.0??

Adam

PS  While we wait for MC support of OGM which players do people reccomend to play these files??
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

Raistlin2000

• World Citizen
  • cross-fade-mani ac
Re: Playing OGM files
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2003, 10:57:09 am »

Well, since OGM can only be played using OggDS, it doesn't care which player to use, but till now, only good old Media Player 6.4 can show the context-menu of OggDS directly inside the player, for all other players you gotta use the sys-tray (so you have to disable full-screen before you can switch language or chapter).

For haveing OGMs in MC, just rename them to AVI, that's it. OggDS doesn't care, it doesn't rely on file extensions whereas MC does. That's why it refuses to play OGMs. But it can play them when renamed to avi, just using the DSfilters of OggDS.

Enjoy
Raist

P.S. If you have more questions about OggDS, visit Doom9.org

jakobluck

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2003, 03:35:05 pm »

i use zoomplayer to playback ogm files -- i can change the audio/subtitle tracks using the contextual menu from within full-screen mode using this player.

renaming an ogm to avi seems to work, but playback seems very glitchy and stuttery compared to playing a normal avi or playing an ogm in zoomplayer.

also, mc seems to have issues with playing back an ogm larger than 2gb.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2003, 05:40:50 am »

Worked fine for me - Cheers Raist.  And I have to say I don't have nor do I intend to have any files over 2GB.  What do you have that is this large???

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

DocLotus

• Retired and; Loving It!!!
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2003, 07:01:53 am »

I also have Zoom Player.

It is simply the very best video / DVD player out there !

I do not use MC for DVD's as Zoom is sooo much better.

The feature set of Zoom is absolutely astounding!  The mouse control alone when playing a DVD is simply amazing.

JRiver would do well to take a long, hard look at Zoom & incorporate many of the neat features into MC 9+ or 10.
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

DocLotus

• Retired and; Loving It!!!
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2003, 07:04:56 am »

Adam;

I do have one question, how fast is you PC?  How much memory?

I'm thinking that WMP may handle video a little more efficiently then MC9 so if you are limited in clock speed &/or memory MC9 may not do as well with the same video files.

As a test you might try doing a clean boot then run the same video files with MC9.  If they then run ok, then it means you may not have enough speed or memory for MC to play them correctly with other files open.  
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2003, 08:26:55 am »

Doc Lotus,

I have no problems with video playback on my PC.  The only propblem I had was one of playing a particular file type.  My PC is an Atholon 1800XP with 384 MB of RAM.  Not exactly a stonker but perfectly sufficient for my needs!!  The only problem I do have is DVD playback as MC does not seem to want to choose the correct codec for playback so for that I use Zoom PLayer...

Adam
Pages: [1]   Go Up