INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Transferring all the files within a folder  (Read 270 times)

GB

• Recent member
Transferring all the files within a folder
« on: December 04, 2020, 09:33:52 am »

Hello,

I'm trying to transfer one FLAC file to another HDD. Instead of transferring this file (whole album) to the hdd once, JRiver transfers this file numerous times according to a number of songs within the album. Why can't JRiver just transfer all the files within the folder using the path to it?
All of my folders (albums) have a cue., one file FLAC and a jpg. I need JRiver to transfer all the files within the certain folders, subfolders to another HDD keeping the name of the parent folders.
I've tried using the JRiver explorer. It's all the same. It sees all the files (cue, one FLAC, image) within any folder, but unable to send them to another HDD correctly.

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Transferring all the files within a folder
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2020, 01:05:40 pm »

Test with one first...

I'm guessing that as you want MC to move these files, you also want MC to keep track of the files to their new location.

If you add the new location to MC's auto import settings (and the old if it's not already watched), and then move the files using Explorer, MC should spot the move and update the database with the new location, preserving all other data.

Now, that's how it works generally, I am not sure how this will fare with single flac+cue file, but it won't hurt to try with one folder would it?

-marko

GB

• Recent member
Re: Transferring all the files within a folder
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2020, 02:32:35 pm »

I've used another approach.
I've deleted all the files from the library and simply used the explorer to tranfer files from one hdd to another. Having no cue files in the library prevented JRiver from copying the same FLAC file numerous times. The cue, FLAC and jpg were copied succesully, albeit to various folders. I'm setting the same path for data and audio, but JRiver saves each file in a different folder.

Pages: [1]   Go Up