INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: System starts playing during night  (Read 349 times)

gartylad

System starts playing during night
« on: December 09, 2020, 10:15:47 pm »

Calling for help with a strange problem

For some reason JRiver starts playing in the middle of the night. This happens very infrequently, maybe 3-4 times per year, but plays the last selected album at the previous volume. Obviously this wakes up the house dependant on the last play state, small kids, speaker in nursery (thankfully volume limited).

My setup:
PC (doesn’t sleep), Windows 10, running JRiver as a server
Only use for music database, multi zone playback
JRiver Media Center 27 (recently upgrading thinking this may resolve the issue) but had the issue with previous versions
Saffire Pro 40 Dac (to multi room audio)
Operates from JRemote IPad app

Any ideas how to identify the issue or prevent it happening (PC needs to stay on). Needs help as the misses is not happy! It’s woken everyone up around 03:00 this morning.

wer

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: System stars playing during night
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2020, 10:29:12 pm »

I've never heard of this happening. I can imagine it would be pretty annoying.

Is it more likely that the PC suddenly decides to play something, or that a kid presses something? Or a cat steps on a keyboard or remote?

As far as suggestions... You say the PC needs to stay on. Ok.  The DAC does not.  Put it on a timer.  MC does not. Use a script and Task Scheduler to shutdown MC at a particular time at night, and launch it again in the morning.  Either of those will foil both digital gremlins, and small kids & cats.

I can also conceive (barely) of a situation where this might possibly be caused to happen in conjunction with one of Windows 10's wonderful forced nocturnal reboots in order to install patches.  It's improbable. Have you checked the system log to see if reboots immediately preceded these events? Preventing MC from running at Windows startup might inhibit its participation in something like that.

rolf_eigenheer

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: System starts playing during night
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2020, 05:11:56 am »

I'd ask my cat first.

Second, Check if you enabled Media Network with an AccessKey. Six charaters are not what we call a heavy encrypted key. Somebody could access your media server by accident. You could delete this key and create a new one.
Pages: [1]   Go Up