INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Music Year in Review w/ MC  (Read 428 times)

slerch666

• World Citizen
Music Year in Review w/ MC
« on: December 04, 2020, 08:09:17 am »

You've likely started seeing the Year in Review messages pop up in social media. You know, the ones that say slerch666 listened to 92818 minutes of Teletubbies this year.

What I am wondering is, is there some way to get similar information from MC? I know I can see number of plays but it doesn't list by year, etc.

Is there an existing way to see this? If not, worth recommending as a "if you ever get bored of making MC more amazing otherwise, can you work on this JRiver?" perspective?

It's silly, but I like data and seeing these kinds of things tickles my brain in stupid ways.

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
Re: Music Year in Review w/ MC
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2020, 08:42:14 am »

Not sure if MC can do this by itself, but scrobbling to Last FM gives this information and it's easy to set up in Media Center. 

There is a free and pay area of Last FM.  Both give you what you're looking for.

slerch666

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2020, 10:59:55 am »

Just set this up, works as expected.

Won't have my data set for this past year, but will next!

Thanks!

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2020, 11:39:10 am »

MC doesn't track the date/time of individual "plays" on media, only total number of plays and most-recent play date/time, so it is difficult to build smart lists and whatnot of play stats over time.

This would be a very nice feature addition (so you could build lists that show tracks that were "popular" over the past 90 days, or whatever). But, for now at least, you have to use a 3rd party play tracking service like Last.fm.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Ferdi

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2020, 02:53:06 pm »

I have been using LastFM for a while. You can also download the play data from LastFM as a csv file: I have used that to create playlists in Spotify (https://www.playlist-converter.net).
Is there an easy way to create playlists from CSV in MC?
Pages: [1]   Go Up