INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Song stops at end but keeps streaming silently or "clocking"  (Read 311 times)

Dean Wyler

• Recent member
Song stops at end but keeps streaming silently or "clocking"
« on: December 08, 2020, 05:15:50 pm »

At the end of a song MC won't go to next song but keeps running on current song silently as the clock keeps moving.   If a song has a length of 2:37 it will go beyond that.  2:38... 2:39.... 2:40....... 3:40 indefinitely.  This happens after playing 4 or 5 songs successfully.

Details:
When this happens I work around it by hitting the fast forward or shuffle play.
It happens when I play my downstairs system from playlists on shuffle play over WIFI to a Yamaha pre-amp which is controlled by a laptop running JRiver.  MC picks up the library over the WIFI from the main system upstairs.
My main upstairs system is hardwired to the library, laptop, hard drive and amp, etc. and doesn't seem to have this problem. I usually don't play from playlists on the main system.
I've tried playing with the "more stop" function but it seems unrelated. I can set the "more stop" to 60 minutes but the problem will kick in after 4 or 5 songs.

rolf_eigenheer

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Song stops at end but keeps streaming silently or "clocking"
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2020, 02:41:12 am »

I have never experienced such a problem myself. Does your Yamaha get the songs via DLNA? In my experience, this is a wonder box. DLNA! - not Yamaha.

rolf_eigenheer

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Song stops at end but keeps streaming silently or "clocking"
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2020, 02:45:06 am »

I have to correct myself immediately after submitting my post.
We can hardly blame DLNA for the fact that the time display continues to run beyond the length of the song.
Pages: [1]   Go Up