INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request: Tree & View Full Screen  (Read 635 times)

locust

• Citizen of the Universe
Feature Request: Tree & View Full Screen
« on: December 03, 2020, 05:44:18 am »

Hi, currently I have two libraries. I was wondering if it would be possible to change the full screen mode.

Because for my first library when in full screen mode I want it to go to my tv but for the second library I want it to go to my monitor.

Currently the full screen mode is global and not a library specific setting. So depending on what library I am using I have to either constantly change the setting in options or not use that feature at all & just drag the program to the monitor that it is going to be on full screen mode.

Thanks

rolf_eigenheer

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Feature Request: Tree & View Full Screen
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2020, 11:54:45 am »

I had a similar concern recently. I would like to output portrait format images on a portrait format monitor and landscape images on the landscape monitor.
For me, a default monitor setting for every view would be desirable. And why not the same for audio ?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2020, 11:00:52 pm »

In case you weren't aware, this setting is already Zone-Specific. You may be able to solve your issues with use of Zones.

PS. And specifically for rolf, ZoneSwitch perhaps.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

rolf_eigenheer

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2020, 01:26:29 am »

Great! That sounds amazing. In the Zone setting I see an option for the Audio Device. But where ist the Option for Video Device ?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2020, 01:47:06 am »

Same place as usual. If you set an active Zone, then go to Tools > Options > Tree & View > Full Screen and set the setting, and then activate a different Zone and set the setting there, they are remembered independently, and you can toggle back and forth between them.

Or set up ZoneSwitch rules to automatically toggle between them.

In addition to providing independent Playing Now lists, Zones are sets of settings (those generally related to "playback"). It isn't only audio settings that are remembered per Zone. Not all of the Options in Tools > Options are (and, in fact, most are global), but that one is. Many other things are Zone-specific, like placement and fullscreen/non-status of Detached Displays, for example.

rolf_eigenheer

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2020, 02:30:51 am »

Same place as usual. If you set an active Zone, then go to Tools > Options > Tree & View > Full Screen and set the setting, and then activate a different Zone and set the setting there, they are remembered independently, and you can toggle back and forth between them.

OK. Then this wouldntt help me. Am operating MC in Theater Mode on a smaller Monitor. Only Movies and Images shall be sent to the TV.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2020, 09:39:00 am »

Why wouldn't it help you? That makes no sense.

rolf_eigenheer

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2020, 04:45:22 am »

Why wouldn't it help you? That makes no sense.

Maybe I do not fully understand the zones. Thanks for advice!

I'm running MC in Theater Mode on a Monitor in Portrait Orientation. There is no Mouse or keyboard attached. Only a few Cursor and Multimedia keys.

This interface is on all the time. Currently playing music is displayed in Playing Now on this screen. Movies do not look hat good in a portrait orientation Therefore they should be displayed on a 70" TV attached on a second HDMI. But any operation should continue on the smaller Monitor. Is this possible ?
Pages: [1]   Go Up