INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MCC commands do not work properly in theater view  (Read 369 times)

rolf_eigenheer

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
MCC commands do not work properly in theater view
« on: December 17, 2020, 09:24:50 am »

I built a control unit to operate the MediaCenter. The circuit board is already here, I'm still waiting for the milled front panel.

The picture shows the assignment of the buttons and their commands. In the lower row are the functions for controlling playback from PlayingNow.
In the upper part are the functions for filling Playing now.
With the rotary switch I select which command is sent when the button below is pressed. Either the selection replaces the content in PlayingNow or it is added to the beginning or the end of the list.

I tested the function succesfully in the standard view. In Theater View, however, the MCC command MCC_LIST_SEND_TO_PLAYING_NOW (26031) does not work correctly. The tracks that are selected will not be added to Playing now.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: MCC commands do not work properly in theater view
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2020, 09:26:40 am »

MCC_LIST_SEND_TO_PLAYING_NOW is a list function designed to talk to a file list in Standard View.  It won't work in Theater View.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

rolf_eigenheer

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2020, 09:29:24 am »

MCC_LIST_SEND_TO_PLAYING_NOW is a list function designed to talk to a file list in Standard View.  It won't work in Theater View.

Which command is to be used in TheaterView ? Which MCC command is assigned to the commands in the TheaterView context menu ?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2020, 09:33:17 am »

I added a new command line switch coming soon to get the selected files.  That works in Theater View so you could issue play commands that way (through MC27.exe)?

This is the history:
NEW: Specifying "Selected" on the command line will grab the selected files.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

rolf_eigenheer

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2020, 09:43:38 am »

I added a new command line switch coming soon to get the selected files.  That works in Theater View so you could issue play commands that way (through MC27.exe)?

This is the history:
NEW: Specifying "Selected" on the command line will grab the selected files.

Great! Will it be possible to assign this to key in Resource.xml ? I'm asking this, because the controller acts as a HID keyboard controller. 

Every of my friends is able to navigate through theater view. But when they want to listen to specific song, they usually overwrite Playing now. For this reason I want to offer a 'one touch' solution. As easy as a Jukebox. Select an album or a single title an add it to the end of Playing Now. And in case of urgency: the selection can be put in front of all titles in Playing Now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up