INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: network problem  (Read 597 times)

Bohemian

• World Citizen
network problem
« on: December 18, 2020, 01:10:02 pm »

As I mentioned previously, BT have changed my router from Open Reach Modem and Halo3 hub to a new Smart Hub 2.  This is apparently a better, more advanced hub which combines the two previous boxes.

Wifi through the new hub is great. I can use JRemote on my iPad to control my idpi perfectly.
My Panasonic Viera smart tv recognises the idpi too! The TV is wired to the hub.

On my pc I have JRiver 27 for Windows - latest version - and this pc is a wired ethernet connection to the hub.

HOWEVER, with the Halo 3 hub I could see the media network server from JRiver on my tv and play movies, music etc in my tv room from the main JRiver setup.
[The idpi serves my music files into my hifi in the living-room]

The Smart Hub 2 allows my pc to access the internet, but it will not connect to my internal network - so the media server on my pc is now unseen by any devices on the wifi network.
VLC on my iPad used to see it and I could play video or music on my iPad. (Useful if I wanted to watch a movie while my wife was watching tv.)

I am not entirely an ignoramus with networks, but this has me completely nonplussed.

Has any UK user had this problem, and if so how did they solve it?

Bohemian

• World Citizen
Re: network problem
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2020, 05:27:20 pm »

I wish I could explain how I solved this. I have really no idea.

I was tinkering with network settings on the pc and getting nowhere and suddenly -  ALAKAZAM.  It’s working fine.

Sorry to have bothered everyone - but I do wish I had a clear explanation for others who may have the same problem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up