INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote2 on iOS - new Views for audiobook  (Read 653 times)

henning65

• Junior Woodchuck
JRemote2 on iOS - new Views for audiobook
« on: December 20, 2020, 04:00:59 am »

UPDATE
note: I figured out, that the pictures I'm looking for are somewhere stored very "deep" within JRiver - so they are not cover art but somehow part of the basic design - I guess. That's why I changed the original post.

---- post changed -----

Hello

my setting:
Media Center 27, Version 27.0.35; System: MacOS
iOS device: iPhone SE2

I try to change the view on my iOS JRiver app. To do this I changed the setting on the JRiver Media Center.
The adjustments were made under: Tools / Options / Media Network / Advanced / Customize views for JRemote, Gizmo & Panel...

First approach:
I added a new <<Root Library Item>>, named it "Audiobooks", under "Files to Display" I set the following rule: Media Sub Type IS Audiobook. I define two sub levels:
1) Audiobook with "Show Categories in this Order": Album
2) Author with "Show Categories in this Order": Author (For now there is the problem that JRiver doesn't populate the Author tag with the file metadata field "writer" - have to find a workaround - I guess)
3) the third "Library Item 3" is unchanged

I restarted the JRiver Media Center. The new top level menu Audiobooks show up on JRemote! Problem: Icon is missing: I'm not referring to cover art for the tracks / albums, but to icons, which usually illustrate sub levels. Here they would be 1) Audiobook 2) Author and 3) Library Item 3 (unchanged) doesn't show anything. - Please have a look at the pictures

Second approach
Within the menu "Items to Show / Audio" I added a "New Library Item" and named it "Audiobook as New Library Item". In the menu "Show Categories in this Order" I choose Author, followed by Album. I defined the following rule for file display: "Media Sub Typ IS Audiobook".
After relaunch of JRiver Media Center the "Audiobook as New Library Item" appears in JRemote. Same problem as with the first approach: On "top level there is no icon

I would like to ask for some advice how to include customize icon?

To Illustrate
First picture: showing the top level media types with icons
Second picture: Media type: Audio / thumbnail => showing 8 items with icons
Third picture: Media type: Audiobook / thumbnail => showing 3 items with icons

My Goal: exchange the ugly "paper-icon" with a customized icon - but don't know where the picture has to be stored nor how it has to be named.

Thanks for your help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up