INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC won't let me insert space after semicolon in artist name  (Read 474 times)

richard-ec2

• Galactic Citizen
MC won't let me insert space after semicolon in artist name
« on: December 21, 2020, 04:38:03 pm »

For some reason MC isn't letting me insert a semicolon after the artist name in the tag to an audio album, as in

New York Philharmonic;Bernstein

When I insert the necessary space after the semicolon, MC deletes it as soon as I close the tag.

Never had this problem before. Any ideas?

wer

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC won't let me insert space after semicolon in artist name
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2020, 05:09:09 pm »

First, make sure you are running the latest version, as the behavior has changed recently.

MC does not store spaces with the semicolon delimiter in lists. It does, however, display them.

So short answer: don't pay attention to how it lets you input them, pay attention to how it displays them afterwards.

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=126378.0

richard-ec2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2020, 02:28:55 am »

Thank you very much for replying but that's what's troubling me - the space after the semicolon doesn't display. I'm attempting to attach a screenshot with the semicolon marked by the red circle. Yet if you look at the entry below, which was added at a much earlier date, you can see that the semicolon displays correctly.

Any help appreciated.

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2020, 02:52:24 am »

The work on adding the space behind the ; in ";delimited lists" every where they appear is not yet complete. Other places where it has not been modified/corrected include the Player Window and the Status Bar.
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html

richard-ec2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2020, 03:43:27 pm »

Thank you very much for the reply. I don't understand the technicalities but it's a pretty obvious bug. Hope it will be fixed soon.

wer

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2020, 03:45:55 pm »

If it bothers you, read the link I gave you. In most places it's trivial to fix the output with an expression and that thread tells you how. Some places don't support expressions and if those haven't been fixed yet you'll have to wait.

richard-ec2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2020, 03:51:39 pm »

I did read the link - many thanks for that - but I didn't understand it. I don't understand all this technical stuff about delimiters and expressions. It sounds a great deal of work just to put a space after a semicolon.

But I just had an idea. Can I get around this by going back to MC26 and writing the tag there?

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2020, 10:40:09 pm »

I did read the link - many thanks for that - but I didn't understand it. I don't understand all this technical stuff about delimiters and expressions. It sounds a great deal of work just to put a space after a semicolon.

But I just had an idea. Can I get around this by going back to MC26 and writing the tag there?

Nope - MC26 is the version where removing the space behind the ; in delimited lists was introduced and where the changes to add them back in when displaying them first occurred.
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up