INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Repeated Installs [Solved]  (Read 325 times)

Kashegan

• Recent member
Repeated Installs [Solved]
« on: January 08, 2021, 09:52:31 am »

When I double click on a media file to play, I have problems with Media Center repeatedly going through the install process .
Is this normal, or is there a way to stop this?

zybex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Repeated Installs
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2021, 10:49:46 am »

Not normal, perhaps the extension is associated with the Installer instead of MC.

Try going into Options->File Types, and check the "File Association" option for the filetypes you need. If the option is already checked, uncheck it and hit OK, then re-check it and hit OK again.

Alternatively, check the associations in Windows Settings -> Apps -> Default Apps. You can set the default for a given extension, or all extensions for a given App (MC in this case).

wer

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Repeated Installs
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2021, 01:09:49 pm »

I've seen this happen before, with people playing tracks by double clicking them in Windows Explorer (which strikes me as a poor way to do it).  It has many times resulted from the user associating the media files (by extension) with the installer executable, instead of MC itself. The icons look alike.

Fixing associations would be good.  Or you could start by putting the no-longer-needed installer executable into a zip file so it can't run.

Kashegan

• Recent member
Re: Repeated Installs (Solved)
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2021, 03:20:47 am »

Thanks Guys, the file association was the problem. Now fixed.
Much appreciated ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up