INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No music when opening any internet browser.  (Read 350 times)

iruga

• Recent member
No music when opening any internet browser.
« on: January 17, 2021, 12:04:17 am »

Hi

I just bought JRiver 27 and I am having issues figuring out why the audio cuts out every time I open a browser for about 5 seconds.  Initially I thought it was Chrome causing it, but the problem is replicated using Edge or Firefox as well.

Has anyone else encountered this issue?  I am using it on a brand new computer as well, so I am struggling to figure out what is causing the issue.

It worked fine on my older computer as well, though I was using an earlier version of jriver.

wer

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: No music when opening any internet browser.
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2021, 12:12:09 am »

Welcome to the forums.

You probably have JRiver configured for Exclusive Mode, in which it takes full control of the audio device.

When Exclusive Mode is is used, only one application can access the sound card at a time.

You can turn this off (which is the way you probably had it configured in your old version of JRiver) and then multiple apps can use the sound card at the same time (like JRiver and Chrome) but it will be at the expense of audio quality. The choice is yours.

Read this to learn more:
https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Exclusive_Access

iruga

• Recent member
Re: No music when opening any internet browser.
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2021, 12:25:54 am »

It was my DAC apparently, after plugging the speakers directly to the PC the audio freezing no longer happened.   Now its time to try and figure out why the DAC is causing it..

Thanks for the reply.
Pages: [1]   Go Up