INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to get a List of not imported audio files  (Read 462 times)

phoenix91

• World Citizen
How to get a List of not imported audio files
« on: January 15, 2021, 10:21:57 am »

My albums are stored in a directory tree: \music\artist\album

I'm looking for a way to get a list of all audio files in this directory tree that are not imported into the MC database.
The audio files in the list have to meet two conditions:
a.) file is not imported and
b.) file is not referenced by a track/song in MC that was imported as a cue-album (-> tag [filename (name)] contains a semicolon ; at the end)

How to get a solution for the second condition, if there is a way at all?
My knowledge of the expression language and/or Regex() is too limited.

I appreciate every help!

Urs

The Big Labinski

• Galactic Citizen
  • Wake up and slow down
Re: How to get a List of not imported audio files
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2021, 11:40:18 am »

Hi URS, maybe this will help.
Import ALL files and check the smart list - last imported. Then you have your list of the files which one were not in your database.
tc
Stefan
Wake up and slow down 😴

phoenix91

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2021, 03:20:00 am »

Hi Stefan,
Thank you for your help. Unfortunately, the problem lies in the second condition. My MC database contains many cue-albums.
In a cue-album all audio data of a whole album is stored in a single file. MC does not import this main file but references the individual album audio tracks to this file.
The problem is that MC doesn't show/handle these files as imported, even though they actually are (indirectly).

The task I try to solve is: Find the possible cue-main-files that are not referenced by an existing cue-album in MC.

Stay safe,
Urs

zybex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2021, 05:25:32 am »

If you want to check that the existing CUE files are completely imported you can just open the "Audio -- Task -- Incomplete albums" smartlist. This will display albums that have missing tracks (should only happen if you removed/deleted them from MC)

To check if whole CUE files are not imported, Labinksi's suggestion is the easiest way - just run an Import on the Audio folder and then open the "Recently Imported" playlist. This will show both the entire CUE albums that were just added, and also individual tracks that were missing and are now reimported from their original CUE. If you don't want these newly imported files/albums on MC you can just delete them again from this smartlist (or do a Library Backup before you do this import, then do a Backup Restore)

MC tracks files/albums that were previously imported, even if you delete them afterwards. So it's possible that nothing will get Imported because they had been previously imported already. To avoid this you need to do one of the following:
- clear the Removed database (search for "~d=r" on MC and delete everything from there - search these forums for more instructions if needed)
- or, uncheck the "ignore files previously removed from library" on the Import dialog

phoenix91

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2021, 06:24:49 am »

Thank you, I'll give it a try!
Pages: [1]   Go Up