INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 27.0.57 for Windows -- Available Here  (Read 4418 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
JRiver Media Center 27.0.57 for Windows -- Available Here
« on: January 21, 2021, 02:44:50 pm »

This is a new build of JRiver Media Center 27.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download 64-bit build
https://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v27/latest/MediaCenter270057-x64.exe (works on 64 bit systems only)

Download 32-bit
https://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v27/latest/MediaCenter270057.exe

27.0.57 (1/20/2021)

1. Changed: Improved the DSP Studio analyzer.

27.0.56 (1/20/2021)

1. NEW: DTS parsing gets the proper number of channels.
2. Fixed: APL files were not always working properly for the last few builds.
3. Changed: When building the list of items for a grouping, the values are formatted (before it would show an integer when grouping by date, but now it will show a proper date).
4. NEW: The smartlist editor has a rule "contains full word" to put a hat (^) in front of the word.
5. Changed: Improved threading decisions for image drawing, greatly speeding up the Analyzer DSP and other drawing tasks.
6. Fixed: The message that files will be renamed to avoid collisions is no longer shown when just updating the database.
7. NEW: Added a match mode to the ListFind(...) expression function to switch between partial matching and full matching.
8. Faster: Optimized the way the analyzer works to make processing faster.

27.0.55 (1/18/2021)

1. Fixed: Manually editing a DMS TV channel did not work (because a list of tuners were presented, instead of a list of devices);
2. Fixed: MP4 files could report double the proper length in some cases.
3. Changed: When removing the played tracks from Playing Now, it now removes the just played track as well.
4. NEW: DMS TV channels on the same device can be mass-edited, to change device, IP Address, and/or port.  This is useful when one needs to replace a broken tuner device with a new one of the same type, or when the IP address of a device changes.

27.0.54 (1/14/2021)

1. Fixed (possibly): High GPU usage after watching and stopping a TV show that was being recorded (may need to repeatedly watch and stop watching to reproduce).
2. Changed: Bookmarking will always clear if we reach the end of the file (before with cross-fading on it could save a value near the end).
3. Changed: Right aligning the tag saving statusbar text so the user customized text stays visible.

27.0.53 (1/13/2021)

1. NEW: The display view window position is reset when doing "Reset window position settings...".
2. Changed: Beyonwiz U4 device is white-listed as a supported DMS TV device. Hope it works!
3. NEW: Added a "Reset Perc Data" button on TV setup wizard and EPG setup wizard, to allow users to reset when their Perc Data account, in particular the lineup info, has changed.
4. Fixed: After downloading from library server, the file could be incorrectly removed from the server's library.
5. NEW: Made stopping after a number of tracks work with DLNA.

27.0.52 (1/8/2021)

1. Fixed: Picking no options in the Rename, Move, & Copy dialog could result in the files actually getting renamed to <No Change>.

27.0.51 (1/8/2021)

1. Fixed: Loading and saving VST3 presets could misbehave.

27.0.50 (1/7/2021)

1. Changed: Made date imported editable like last played (instead of clear only).
2. Changed: Made really long UNC paths work.
3. Changed: Switched the equalizer to these frequencies: 31.25,62.5,125,250,500,1k,2k,4k,8k,16k.
4. NEW: VST3 effects save and load their states.
5. NEW: Added 3 channel to the VST3 output (L, R, C).
6. Fixed: When playing a DMS TV channel while the show was being recorded, the playback went to live time instead of program start time (or recording start time).
7. Changed: The shuffle at the end of the playlist when shuffle mode is on will only fire if playback is set to advance to the first track again.
8. NEW: Added the save and load buttons to VST3 plugins.

27.0.49 (1/5/2021)

1. Fixed: When recording consecutive shows on the same channel on a DMS tuner, the later recordings might include data for previous shows.
2. Possibly fixed: When recording consecutive shows on the same channel on a DMS tuner, some recording might end up fail (zero byte recorded).
3. Fixed: The signature was missing from build 48.

27.0.48 (1/4/2021)

1. Changed: When searching, - is used to mark the start of a word just like space.  That way "wheel" will find "mouse-wheel".
2. Changed: TV recordings on DMS channels are now properly bookmarked.
3. Fixed: Bookmarking on DirectShow-based TV recordings could be wrong if time-shifting had being running for a while before recording started.
4. Fixed: Playback as DoP was not working properly.
5. NEW: Added a Not(...) expression function to flip the state of a variable.
6. Changed: Slovak translation updated (thanks Peter Lukac).
7. Changed: Made the last played field editable (instead of clear only).
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Abbra Cadabra

• World Citizen
Re: JRiver Media Center 27.0.57 for Windows -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2021, 08:12:20 am »

Moving a folder containing audio files and associated jpg's to a new location using the rename from tags function, and creating a new directory structure . . . .

Once again I will re-post this issue in hopes it may be addressed:

Media Center 'claims':              folder.jpg already exists: skip, replace, cancel?

Since the new folder did not exist prior, how can it contain a file with the same name?

It does this only with image files, not the audio files.
It does it on one or more albums if moving more than one.
It is not limited to folder.jpg, but also cover.jpg.
It existed prior to this build, but I passed it off as an anomaly.
It is not location specific or drive specific,
I have seen this occur on two separate computers, each with their own drives
I swear I am not here to drive you crazy!

Mike...

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2021, 08:18:52 am »

I have auto size columns on. That is working fine, however, I find it odd that Seq is turned into S..., yet the column header Track # is not truncated. Both columns contain the same info, just some numbers. Personally, I'd prefer column headers not be truncated, so MC should display Seq and not S...

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2021, 08:19:24 am »

I have auto size columns on. That is working fine, however, I find it odd that Seq is turned into S..., yet the column header Track # is not truncated. Both columns contain the same info, just some numbers. Personally, I'd prefer column headers not be truncated, so MC should display Seq and not S...

It's truncated because the sort arrow is there.

Mike...

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2021, 08:25:15 am »

I see, well, I suppose I can live with that. ;)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2021, 08:45:11 am »

Moving a folder containing audio files and associated jpg's to a new location using the rename from tags function, and creating a new directory structure . . . .

Once again I will re-post this issue in hopes it may be addressed:

Media Center 'claims':              folder.jpg already exists: skip, replace, cancel?

Since the new folder did not exist prior, how can it contain a file with the same name?

It does this only with image files, not the audio files.
It does it on one or more albums if moving more than one.
It is not limited to folder.jpg, but also cover.jpg.
It existed prior to this build, but I passed it off as an anomaly.
It is not location specific or drive specific,
I have seen this occur on two separate computers, each with their own drives

I can't reproduce this.  I just renamed all the Abba files in a folder with a sidecar JPEG file.  Told it to move everything and it did.  No warning.

I wonder what might be different?

Abbra Cadabra

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2021, 08:50:00 am »

I wonder what might be different?

I cannot say, but this happens on 2 separate computers, both Win10 x64 and MC27 otherwise I'd suspect a system issue.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2021, 08:55:16 am »

I see, well, I suppose I can live with that. ;)

Next build:
Changed: When auto-sizing columns, width for sort arrows is included.

Abbra Cadabra

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2021, 10:04:48 am »

Attempting to add YouTube Music to MC under Streaming Media.
Changed MC options to use Chrome browser as YouTube said IE was not supported.
Restarted MC, opened YouTube Music just fine,but when I attempted to sign in it responded:

Couldn’t sign you in
This browser or app may not be secure. Learn more
Try using a different browser. If you’re already using a supported browser, you can refresh your screen and try again to sign in.

Help?

This is also true for regular YOUTUBE as well.

If you cannot sign in to use your saved settings, playlists, etc . . . . then having YouTube in MC is useless.

Perhaps you can update the Chromium bits you are using?

jesseinsf

• World Citizen
  • Who, ME?
analyzer
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2021, 02:29:03 am »

There is no life to the new version that is supposed to be snappier in terms of processing. Is there a setting to bring life back to the analyzer? I do have a high-end PC so that shouldn't be the issue.

PS: I know this post I made was modified by the moderator. My intention on the part that was deleted was a way to express the severity of the importance of the change that was made, it was in no means to talk down to JRiver, nor was it intended to be offensive. I hope you understand.
OS - Win 11 Pro for Workstation (64-bit)
Monitor - MSI Creator PS321URV 4K UHD HDR600
CPU - Intel Core i9-9900K Up to 5GHz - CPU
GPU - NVidia GeForce RTX 3080TI FE - GPU
MB - Asus Maximus XI Extreme - Motherboard
RAM - 128 GB RAM DDR4 3200 - RAM
SSD - Samsung 980 Pro & 970 Pro m.2 NVMe 1TB each
SP  - Vanatoo TP One Encore (over TOSLink)- REL HT/1003

Manfred

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2021, 09:05:59 am »

The new release does not take the correct Sample Rates in Pane or Category views. So if I click on 192 in a pane view no album, no tracks are displayed.
WS (AMD Ryzen 7 5700G, 32 GB DDR4-3200, 2x2 TB SDD, LG 34UC98-W)-USB|ADI-2 DAC FS|Canton AM5 - File Server (i3-3.9 GHz, 16GB ECC DDR4-2400, 46 TB disk space) - Media Renderer (i3-3.8 GHz, 8GB DDR4-2133, GTX 960)-USB|Devialet D220 Pro|Audeze LCD 2|B&W 804S|LG 4K OLED )

Tiberius675

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2021, 12:07:23 pm »

I am having an issue with this build and Theater view. With this build when browsing the Audio Library it shows "There are no items to display" When files are present. The files show in Standard mode. This is occurring on two PC's. Reinstalling build 27.0.52(the last I could find) fixes the issue.

wer

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2021, 12:51:28 pm »

Tiberius please start a new thread and post screenshots of how the view is defined for theater view.

Update: I've confirmed and reported Tiberius' problem.

contium

• World Citizen
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2021, 09:44:10 pm »

I am having the same problem as Manfred. There are a couple of blank lines which I assume are DSF files. The units for all sample rates are Hz instead of kHz. And if any sample rate is selected, no music is listed.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2021, 06:36:42 am »

The category and display issues should be resolved in the next build, out soon.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

rolf_eigenheer

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2021, 12:17:13 pm »

Percent values are displayed incorrect in category panes

d_pert

• Galactic Citizen
  • I love music and great audio!
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2021, 07:40:30 am »

In Panel and JRemote, groupings by date have all switched to showing 1905-07-13 or 1905-07-12 instead of proper dates.

The date field is a custom field; in Tag window the data appears as expected (the proper, realistic dates that I've entered over the years).
Derek Pert
(Windows 11 Pro x64 / 32GB RAM)

wer

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2021, 02:00:04 pm »

D-pert, that bug has already been found and corrected, in a new build that will be out soon.

d_pert

• Galactic Citizen
  • I love music and great audio!
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2021, 03:47:50 pm »

Okay thanks! Sorry I missed that.
Derek Pert
(Windows 11 Pro x64 / 32GB RAM)

rolf_eigenheer

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2021, 12:43:37 am »

Scrolling through album covers in theater view crashes on my Surface Pro 5.
While scrolling with the cursor down keys, displaying the covers suddenly stops.

This does not happen when thumbnails are cleared. In this case blue notes were shown until the thumbnail is generated.
It seems that things get corrupted when scrolling is faster than displaying.

Update: It fails even on a quad core desktop PC. It takes a bit longer (can sroll more pages) until it gets stuck.

fractaleater

• Recent member
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2021, 02:57:34 am »

Windows 10 64 bit Home running 27.0.57 64 bit, Kaspersky security cloud. Half RAM, minimal CPU in use while JRiver open.

While JRiver rename/move 8,000+ images from/to same disk, unexpectedly slow "saving tags" (1 or 2 per second).
Closed all open explorer windows and performance increased tenfold. Some of the windows were opened with JRiver Locate on disk external.

Concerning video and sidecars:
  • some tag changes take quite a long time. Seems like JRiver is re-decoding the video file to get all side car values when inexpensive tag changes have been made.
  • initial rename\move file operations took quite some time. Most of the videos were already in the library, and may have existed before sidecar introduction.
  • while attempting copy field operation from Date Modified to Date, in some cases operation completely ignored and no Date appears in sidecar, or, in at least one case, date shows up in sidecar as 2619521 and displays in JRiver Date column as "9072" (Windows reports date modified as ‎Sunday, ‎May ‎14, ‎2017, ‏‎12:29:21). I used JRiver to delete the 9072 value, and noted the field element for Date attribute was removed from the sidecar. After redoing copy field operation, the sidecar Date field again appears with 2619521 value and JRiver Date column shows "9072". Manual entry of correct "Date" gets "42869.5201388888890506" in sidecar Date, and Date display column shows as expected. Perhaps internal date representation changed conflict?
Pages: [1]   Go Up