INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Name] library field shows [Episode]  (Read 410 times)

aynsof

• Recent member
[Name] library field shows [Episode]
« on: January 23, 2021, 08:29:10 am »

I imagine I'm missing something obvious: In TV Shows, the Name field is being filled by Episode information in the thumbnail text (see attached screen capture). Can you tell me how to remedy this? I use MC27.

wer

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: [Name] library field shows [Episode]
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2021, 01:16:58 pm »

That's an interesting one.  Thanks for posting the good screenshot.

It looks like a bug.  Wait for a fix.  I doubt it will take long.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2021, 12:41:50 am »

Wer, this is not a bug, it's just how category views work.

In category views, in the thumbnail text settings, [Name] is used to output the actual category name as opposed to the library field, [Name]. This is by design.

From aynsof's screenshot, I can see that the "Shows" view has been edited. By default, it has one category, namely, "Series". I'm guessing that a "Season" category has been added, and finally, for sure, an "Episode" category has been added. This can be seen by the fact that the file list header is showing "9 Files" indicating that "Episode 9" has been selected, and the file list shows a single file, because, of course, there is only one "Season 3 - Episode 9" file... and herein lies the confusion.

aynsof,
Here's how it works... At the series level... note that [Name] returns the [Series] value...

and then the season level... [Name] returns the [Season] value...

Adding an [Episode] category to the view is a redundant step as, once at the [Season] level, all episodes for any selected season are listed in the file list below. Pick the one you want from there, and play it.

I would suggest removing the "Episode" category from the view using the customise view tool.

Tip...
The text for category thumbs and file list thumbs can be set independantly of each other, so, if you switch your file list to thumbnail view rather than details, and hover your mouse where the red arrow is pointing below, you can set its thumb text there, which gives you....

-marko

wer

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2021, 01:54:46 am »

In category views, in the thumbnail text settings, [Name] is used to output the actual category name as opposed to the library field, [Name].

Yes, that's true, and I know that. But it's also true that when you drill in far enough to show the individual files with [Name] as a category, [Name] then does show the [Name] field in thumbnail text, and that looked to me what he was doing. I have category views where [Name] in thumbnail text actually displays the [Name] field of the file once you drill down far enough.

You may be right, but it's not clear how the view is constructed from the screenshot.  But it does look like he's descended to the level of individual files.  If he has [Name] as the bottom category, it should display in thumbnail text. But I might have jumped to the conclusion that he did. There have been some other field-display bugs lately so my radar might be too sensitive about that.

aynsof

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2021, 07:37:35 am »

Marko: excellent help. Thank you very much.
Pages: [1]   Go Up